Wind power in West Virginia
The U.S. Department of Energy has determined that West Virginia has significant wind power development opportunities. As of 2016 there were 376 wind turbines in operation in West Virginia with a generating capacity of 686 megawatts (MW) and responsible for 1.9% of in-state electricity production. As of 2015, the state has not passed renewable portfolio standard legislation.
List of wind farms
- Beech Ridge Wind Farm
- Mount Storm Wind Farm - The 264-megawatt wind farm in Grant County consists of 132 turbines along 12 miles of the Allegheny Front.
- Mountaineer Wind Energy Center
- WV Department of Commerce (11 May 2015). "West Virginia Department of Commerce Wind Energy". wvcommerce.org. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "West Virginia Wind Energy" (PDF). U.S. Wind Energy State Facts. American Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "State Renewable Portfolio Standards and Goals". National Association of State Legislatures. February 19, 2015. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
Media related to Wind power in West Virginia at Wikimedia Commons