|Education||Stanford University, IIT Bombay|
|Occupation||Chief Technology Officer|
|Known for||CTO at Twitter|
Parag Agrawal is an Indian-American technology executive and the current chief technology officer (CTO) of Twitter. He is responsible for Twitter's Technical Strategy, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Consumer, Revenue and Science teams.
Career and education
In October 2018, Twitter announced the appointment of Agrawal as Chief Technology Officer following the leave of former Twitter CTO, Adam Messinger. Agrawal joined the company in October 2011 and held several positions at the company most recently including "Distinguished Software Engineer". Before joining Twitter, Parag held leadership positions at Microsoft Research and Yahoo! Research. According to Agrawal's biography on the Twitter leadership page, he is responsible for "Twitter’s technical strategy and overseeing machine learning and AI across the consumer, revenue, and science teams".
In December 2019, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey announced that Agrawal would be in charge of Project Bluesky, "an independent team of open source architects, engineers and designers to develop an open and decentralized standard for social media that would help better control abusive and misleading information on its platform".
- "TWTR Company Profile & Executives - Twitter Inc. - Wall Street Journal". www.wsj.com. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Novet, Jordan (2018-03-09). "Twitter taps distinguished engineer Parag Agrawal as new CTO". CNBC. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "Twitter - Company". about.twitter.com. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Link, Indian (2019-12-12). "Twitter CTO Parag Agrawal to hire for ambitious project Bluesky". Indian Link. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Henshaw, Jon (2019-12-12). "Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey announces Bluesky, an initiative to create a decentralized social media standard". Marketing & Technology News. Retrieved 2020-10-06.