Pokémon Rumble Rush
|Pokémon Rumble Rush|
|Publisher(s)||The Pokémon Company|
Pokémon Rumble Rush is a free-to-play mobile game developed by Ambrella and published by The Pokémon Company. It is the fifth entry in the Pokémon Rumble series. Announced on 15 May 2019, it was first released in Australian Google Play Store. The Android version was later released globally a week later on 22 May 2019.
The game was originally in development under the title Pokéland, and was revealed on May 2017. Pokéland was intended to be similar to the Rumble series, though made available for smartphones. An Android-only alpha test was held following the announcement, which covered six islands, over fifty stages and over 130 Pokémon, and ran until June 9 that year, though no further news was released by The Pokémon Company until the May 2019 release.
Like other games in the Rumble series, Rumble Rush feature toy Pokémon which are controlled by the player through tap controls. The game's progression centers on moving between "islands", which consist of levels where the player's Pokémon fight against other Pokémon, completing the level by defeating a boss for that level. "Super Bosses" can be fought at the end of each island, once the player has completed certain criteria - typically, having sufficiently strong Pokémon or having certain Pokémon in their collection.
The player's Pokémon are measured with "Combat Power" (CP), and are obtained through beating the levels. Aside from Pokémon, players can obtain beneficial items known as "gears" - in form of "power gears" (which boost Pokémon stats) and "summon gears" (which summons additional friendly Pokémon in levels).
- Porter, Jon (15 May 2019). "A new Pokémon mobile game just appeared". The Verge. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Al-Heeti, Abrar; Van Boom, Daniel; Keane, Sean (22 May 2019). "Pokemon Rumble Rush: Here's how to get it for your Android or iPhone". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- Ashcraft, Brian (31 May 2017). "Introducing A New Pokémon App Called Pokéland". Kotaku East. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Abent, Eric (15 May 2019). "Pokemon Rumble Rush comes out of nowhere as Nintendo's next mobile game". SlashGear. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Fahey, Mike (15 May 2019). "Pokémon Rumble Rush Is As Basic As Pocket Monster Battling Gets". Kotaku. Retrieved 15 May 2019.