|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: RPS|
|Industry||Environmental consulting, Upstream Oil and Gas and Renewable Energy consulting|
|Headquarters||Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK|
|Brook Land (Chairman)
Alan Hearne (CEO)
|Revenue||£572.1 million (2014)|
|£50.4 million (2014)|
|£33.3 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|circa 5,000 (2014)|
RPS Group plc (LSE: RPS) is a multinational energy resources and environmental consultancy company headquartered in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. It advises clients on the built and natural environment across diverse economic sectors both public and private. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
RPS was started in 1972, as Rural Planning Services, with founder Michael Boddington as its first Chief Executive. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1987. In the 1990s it expanded into Scotland and Ireland. More recently it has expanded into Europe, North America and Australia.
It acquired Ashdown Environmental Limited in 2001, an environmental consultancy specialising in noise and air quality, and acquired MC O'Sullivan Consulting Engineers in Ireland in 2002. It acquired Hydrosearch, an energy consultancy, in 2003. It acquired Burks Green in 2006, an architectural and civil engineering consultancy based in Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire. It bought MetOcean Engineers in 2007, an Australian practice.
In 2008, it acquired R.W. Gregory, a planning practice, Geocet, an environmental consultancy, Rudall Blanchard Associates, a Health & Safety practice, Oceanfix, a hydrographic surveying practice, and Paras, a London-based advisory group.
RPS Group offers the following services:
- Planning and development consulting
- Project management, cost and building consultancy
- Energy consulting and training
- Environmental management consulting
- Asbestos consulting
- Air quality consulting, including stack emission and ambient air quality modelling and monitoring
- Acoustic and vibration consulting
- Ecology consulting
- Cultural Heritage consulting
- Geotechnic and flooding consulting
- Transport planning and highways design
- Occupational Health
- Occupational Health Laboratory including drugs and alcohol, trace element testing and immunology.
- "RPS Group Plc - Results for the Year Ended 31 December 2014". rpsgroup.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- RPS: About us
- "RPS". rudi.net. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Hearne A.S. (1977) The Impact of Major New Roads on Agriculture: Economic and Procedural Aspects, PhD Thesis at the University of Aston in Birmingham, see acknowledgements and Ch8, p 191, Introduction, 1.1: A S Hearne is the CEO of RPS Group plc; Edwards, Angela & Alan Rogers (1974) Agricultural Resources: An Introduction to the Farming Industry of the United Kingdom, London, Faber and Faber, see list of Contributors and Ch 11 pp245-268 and Ch12 pp 269-292; Economic Forestry Group (November 1973) Newsletter Forestry House, Great Milton, Oxford OX9 7PG
- Sector Review, p. 37
- Yvette Essen (25 September 2003). "Market report: Vodafone's ring of confidence for blue chips". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Merger by Acquisition of Burks Green by RPS Group plc
- RPS buys MetOcean Engineers for £33.3m
- RPS buys R.W. Gregory for £10.1m
- "City A.M. - Business With Personality". cityam.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "RPS Group buys Rudall Blanchard Associates for up to 6 million pounds Rps Group RPS". advfn.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- RPS buys oil and gas consultancy
- "RPS buys rival Paras for up to 6.4 mln pounds". Reuters. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- RPS To Buy Petroleum Institute For Continuing Education - Quick Facts
- RPS Group: Services