Rutgers Business School – Newark and New Brunswick
|Motto||Sol iustitiae et occidentem illustra.|
Motto in English
|Sun of righteousness, shine upon the West also.|
|Type||Public business school|
Rutgers Business School – Newark and New Brunswick (also known as the Rutgers Business School, or RBS) is the graduate and undergraduate business school located on the Newark and New Brunswick campuses of Rutgers University. It was founded in 1929.
In 2009 RBS opened a new facility in the first 11 stories of downtown Newark's One Washington Park office building that is home to the full-time and Executive MBA programs, the MQF program, and the Newark undergraduate program. 1 Washington Park is centrally located near highways and public transportation, notably Newark Broad Street Station, where there is service on New Jersey Transit Morris and Essex and Montclair-Boonton Lines (including Midtown Direct service to New York Penn Station) and Newark Light Rail service to Newark Penn Station. The Washington Park light rail station is also adjacent to the school.
Rutgers facilities in One Washington Park include classrooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, student and faculty lounges, offices, and a University Police substation. The new 3 story RBS entrance atrium features lecture halls, a trading floor, student lounge and study spaces, a rooftop garden, and the Bove Auditorium. One Park Bistro in the lobby of the building is owned by the university and operated by the university's contracted Aramark food service but is open to all tenants with a building ID. In 2011, it was announced the Rutgers–Newark campus would further expand around Washington Park, converting the former American Insurance Company Building into graduate student housing.
In 2011 RBS broke ground on a new school building located on the New Brunswick/Livingston Campus. This new building, which opened in September, 2013, is the focal point for the New Brunswick undergraduate program. Previously, in New Brunswick, RBS shared the Janice H. Levin Building with the School of Labor and Management Relations and Beck Hall with the School of Arts and Sciences on the Livingston Campus.
RBS is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) as well as the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education  while Rutgers University as a whole is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Blanche & Irwin Lerner Center for Pharmaceutical Management Studies
- Mahmud Hassan, director
- Center for Governmental Accounting Education & Research
- Robert H. Werner, director
- Yaw M. Mensah, research director
- Institute for Ethical Leadership
- James Abruzzo, co-director
- Alex Plinio, co-director
- Center for Research in Regulated Industries
- Michael A. Crew, director
- Center for Supply Chain Management
- Lei Lei, director
- East Asian Business Center
- John Cantwell, director
- Peter R. Gillett, academic director
- Rutgers Accounting Research Center
- Miklos Vasarhelyi, director
- Technology Management Research Center
- George F. Farris, director
- Whitcomb Center for Research in Financial Services
- Ivan E. Brick and Michael S. Long, co-directors
In April 2017, Rutgers Business School accepted $1 million from IFlytek to create a big data research laboratory. The same company was later placed on a Bureau of Industry and Security blacklist for allegedly enabling human rights abuses in Xinjiang with its technology.
- Greg Brown, chairman and CEO of Motorola Solutions
- Frank Cassidy, president of PSEG Power
- Gary Cohen, president of BD Medical/Board Member, for Accordia Global Health Foundation
- Mark Fields, CEO of Ford Motor Company
- Alvaro de Molina, CFO of Bank of America, CEO of GMAC
- Bill Rasmussen, founder of ESPN
- Bill Schultz, CEO of Fender
- Gary Rodkin, president and CEO of ConAgra Foods
- Rana Kapoor, founder of Yes Bank
- List of Rutgers University people
- Post-secondary education in New Jersey
- List of universities named after people
- List of United States business school rankings
- List of business schools in the United States
- Lists of business schools
- "Neo-Classical Rutgers Building Will Become Graduate Student Housing". Studenthousingbusiness.com. 2012-02-20. Archived from the original on 2013-06-30. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Corbett, Nic (February 15, 2012), "Rutgers to move forward with $71M Newark high-rise renovation", The Star-Ledger, retrieved 2012-03-27
- "Accreditation | Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick". Business.rutgers.edu. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- 8:00AM - 5:00PM. "Pharmaceutical Management Executive Certificate Program | Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick". Business.rutgers.edu. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-12-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Harney, Alexandra (June 13, 2019). "Risky partner: Top U.S. universities took funds from Chinese firm tied to Xinjiang security". Reuters. Retrieved November 9, 2019.
- "US sanctions 8 China tech companies over role in Xinjiang abuses". The Nikkei. Reuters. October 8, 2019. Retrieved November 9, 2019.