Ryan International Group of Institutions
|Ryan International Group of Institutions|
Corporate office: 90-Feet Road, opposite Kanakia Sanskruti, Next to Thakur Complex, Asha Nagar, Kandivali
|Motto||"Excellence in Education & All Round Development"|
|Founder||Dr. A. F. Pinto|
SSC & HSC
IGCSE(A & O Level)
International Baccalaureate (IB) - Primary Years Programme (PYP)
|Chairman||Dr. A. F. Pinto|
|Campus Director||Grace Pinto|
|Student to teacher ratio||39:1|
|Medium of language||English|
Ryan International Schools are a group of private educational institutions in India that were founded in 1976 by Dr. Augustine Francis Pinto. The Ryan Group started its first school in Mumbai in 1976 and currently has 135+ schools located in India, along with international footprints in many countries. The group is in collaboration with universities in USA, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Australia to facilitate learning across global boundaries.
Unlike other Indian private chains, RIGI has a centralized command over all of it schools and doesn't follow a franchisee model, and is arguably India’s largest private sector schools chain. According to a report by News 18 on September 2017, Ryan International Group of Institutions employ over 18,000 faculty members, and over 30,000 students pass from Ryan schools annually. Students of Ryan International Schools are commonly known as Ryanites.
- 1 Origins
- 2 Academics
- 3 Awards and Recognition
- 4 Management
- 5 Curriculum
- 6 Extra Curricular
- 7 List of student's achievements
- 8 Alumni
- 9 References
- 10 External links
In the initial attempts to set up an English Medium school for the middle class in Mumbai, Dr Augustine Francis Pinto, the founder-promoter and the chairman of RIGI set up a small school in 1974, which failed to take off. However, when he and Grace Albuquerque (Madam Grace Pinto), who was a teacher at that time, united to serve the common cause, they eventually succeeded in establishing St. Xavier’s High School in Borivali East, a Mumbai suburb.
Ryan International Group follows CBSE, ICSE, and SSC-HSC Boards in different schools under its umbrella. In the 2019, 10th and 12th Results, students of Ryan International Group secured top ranks in district, school and national level in both the ICSE & CBSE formats.
Awards and Recognition
- The school received the Samson Daniel Award from HelpAge India in 2015
- 2015 - 12 schools of Ryan International Group of Institutions were honoured for being ranked among the best schools in the international, CBSE and ICSE.
- 2015 - Madam Grace Pinto; Managing Director, Ryan International Group of Institutions received The World's Greatest Leaders Award 2015 by the United Research Services Media Consulting PL and AsiaOne Magazine at the Indo-UAE Business Summit 2015, held in the United Arab Emirates.
- 2017 - Madam Grace Pinto was awarded with the Lifetime Achievement in Education by MidDay for her immeasurable contribution towards education sector. The award recognizes her untiring efforts & noteworthy contributions towards education.
- Dr. Augustine Francis Pinto, Chairman of Ryan International Group of Institutions.
- Grace Pinto, Managing Director (wife of Augustine Pinto).
- Ryan Pinto, CEO.
- Snehal Pinto, Director (Ryan Global Schools).
- Sonal Pinto, Director (Ryan international schools)
- SSC & HSC-Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
- IGCSE(A & O Level) International Baccalaureate (IB) - Primary Years Programme (PYP)
International Children’s Festival of Performing Arts
Ryan International Group of School holds yearly International Children’s Festival of Performing Arts which give students a relief from classroom activity and also provides them a creative escape by launching them into the imaginative world of theatre music and dance. The 14th edition of the event held in January 2016 in Mumbai with the theme ‘Celebrating Diversity’. The event attracted over 40000 students including notable individuals from India and 17 different countries which include Bangladesh, Denmark, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, India, Iran, Latvia, Morocco, Nepal, Russia, Slovenia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and Zambia.
The 13th International Children's Festival of Performing Arts by Ryan International Schools was earlier held in 2015 at different venues in Delhi. Performances focusing on social issues like women empowerment, violence against women were initiated by students. Students from countries like Spain, Egypt, Iran, Sri Lanka, Germany and others participated in the festival.
Adoption of Tata ClassEdge way of teaching and learning
Ryan International Group has joined the fraternity of schools which have adopted the Tata ClassEdge way of teaching and learning. The group has implemented the technology in its schools in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi.
Shiva Bhai Week celebrations
Shiva Bhai Week was celebrated at Ryan International School, Shiva. save the tree drives, awareness rallies and interactive sessions were conducted at Gole Market Sports Complex & Guru Nanak Stadium in Ludhiana and Ludhiana railway station. Students of Ryan International School, Kundalahalli, Bengaluru, participated in various activities held as part of Environment Week celebrations. Craft activities focusing on ‘Green India, Clean India’ were carried out as a part of the celebrations.
Monsoon football festival
List of student's achievements
- Arunima Pal (12) a student of Ryan International, Jamalpur, had made it to the five-member Punjab Under-14 girls badminton team that will participate in the 63rd School National Games at Kadappa in Andhra Pradesh. Arunima has become the lone shuttler from this city to make the cut.
- The students of Ryan International School, Greater Noida, shone in the District Taekwondo Competition organised by the Union ministry of youth affairs and sports under the Khelo India scheme at Vijay Pathik stadium, Greater Noida. As estimated 370 students from 18 schools took part in the competition. Ryan bagged the overall first position with 26 gold, 20 silver and four bronze medals.
- Harsh Bhamra, a Class 9 student of Ryan International School, Greater Noida, won a gold medal in the SKCI International Karate Championship organised by the Karate Association of India in New Delhi on 7 January. He took part in the 13-15 age and 51-55kg weight category.
- Twelve-year-old Unish Holinder, a student of Ryan International School, Greater Noida, won the bronze medal in the air pistol ISSF youth men’s team event at the 61st National Shooting Championship in Thiruvananthapuram. 
- Chirag Shetty
- Karman Thandi
- Arjun Vajpai
- Digangana Suryavanshi
- Roopam Sharma
- Saloni Daini
- Navika Kotia
- Ashnoor Kaur
- Sanya Malhotra
- Ryan International School murder case: 5 unanswered questions after 3 days of police probe
- "Ryan International School owners used dubious finance company to launder crores, says Sebi report". Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- Admin, India Education Diary Bureau (6 June 2019). "Ryan International School explains why International Exchange Programs benefit children in their school years!". India Education Diary. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "http://educationworld.in//EWIssue.aspx". EducationWorld.in. Retrieved 12 July 2019. External link in
- "Ryanites take on dares at adventure camp - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Meet Pintos, the Family Behind 130 Ryan International Schools in India". News18. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- September 12, Prabhash K. Dutta; September 12, 2017UPDATED:; Ist, 2017 11:50. "Ryan International School: How son of a farmer built his business empire of education". India Today. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Samson Daniel Award presented to the Ryan International Group of Institutions in New Delhi". Time of India. 3 October 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "The Ryan International Group of Institutions awarded the best schools at an event in Bengaluru". Times Of India. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "City educationist Madam Grace Pinto receives International honour in Mumbai". Times of India. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Madam Grace Pinto receives the Inspiring Business Leader Award- RYAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL". credent.in. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Mumbai: Grace Pinto receives 'Lifetime Achievement in Education' Award". Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- Rajesh Mascarenhas, "Ryan Internation [sic] School MD Grace Pinto named in Sebi interim order". Economic Times. 25 March 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Tarique Anwar, "Meet Grace Pinto: The woman responsible for Ryan International's BJP membership drive". First Post. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Ryan International Group of Institutions: Management". Archived from the original on 24 January 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- Vinamrata Borwankar, "International Children's Festival of Performing Arts begins on Wednesday". Times of India. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Ryan International Children's Festival of Performing Arts held in Mumbai". Times of India. 13 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Rons Bantwal, "Mumbai: Ryan's 14th International Children's Festival of Performing Arts - 2016". bellevision.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Art festival for children". livemint.com. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Tata ClassEdge goes international with Ryan International Schools, UAE". Times Of India. 3 February 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Environment week' celebrated". Tribune India. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Ryan International School CelebratedEnvironment Week" (PDF). clubenerji.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Students learn about benefits of practising yoga". The Hindu. 24 June 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "3-day Saputara football festival begins tomorrow". Times Of India. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Another Ludhiana shuttler makes it to School National Games - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Hindustan Times e-Paper - Delhi - 6 Feb 2018 - TAEKWONDO CONTEST". paper.hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Hindustan Times e-Paper - Delhi - 23 Jan 2018 - RYAN, GR NOIDA, STUDENT EXCELS IN KARATE". paper.hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "unish shoots bronze in national meet".