SM the Ballad
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|SM the Ballad|
|Associated acts||SM Town|
2010: Debut and Miss You
"Miss You", the lead single of the unit's first mini-album, was originally titled "When It Began" and was written as a duet song for SHINee. When SHINee members Onew and Jonghyun recorded the song, which included the rap vocals of member Minho, S.M. Entertainment intended to include the duet in SHINee's 2008 debut album, Replay. Due to incompatibility with their album's image, SHINee planned to release the song as a separate single. After a few more image changes, it was decided that the single would be performed by Xia Junsu, Super Junior's Kyuhyun, and Jonghyun. Two months prior to the mini-album's release, Junsu left S.M. Entertainment. The final plan was to include Jay Kim of the TRAX and new SM trainee, Jinho, and the song title officially became "Miss You".[unreliable source?]
With Jonghyun, Kyuhyun, Jay Kim, and Jino in the final line-up, S.M. the Ballad debuted their first performance of "Miss You" on SBS's Inkigayo on November 28, 2010. They released their album, Miss You, on November 29, 2010.
2014: Lineup changes and Breath
A sample of Taeyeon & Jonghyun - "Breath"
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
On February 3, 2014, S.M. Entertainment revealed, TVXQ's Max Changmin, Super Junior's Yesung, Zhang Liyin, Girls' Generation's Taeyeon, Super Junior-M's Zhou Mi, f(x)'s Krystal & EXO's Chen gathered to release a new album together with original member Jonghyun. S.M. explained, "SM The Ballad is indeed planning to comeback [sic] very soon. We're going to reveal the details soon". It was later announced that the track list would contain songs in Korean, Japanese and Chinese.
On February 12, 2014, the members of SM the Ballad – with the exception of Changmin and Yesung – held a joint recital concert, performing the new songs from their album. Breath was released on February 13, 2014.
|Album information||Track listing|
|S.M. The Ballad Vol. 1 – 너무 그리워 (Miss You)|
|S.M. The Ballad Vol. 2 – Breath||
Note: Tracks in bold are promotional singles from the release.
|2010||"Miss You"||Miss You||November 29|
|"Hot Times"||December 13|
|2014||"BREATH" (Korean Version)
"BREATH" (Japanese Version)
"BREATH" (Chinese Version)
|"Blind" (Korean Version)
"Blind" (Japanese Version)
"Blind" (Chinese Version)
On January 4, 2011, S.M. Entertainment, together with NEOWIZ Internet Corporation, Ltd, released an iPhone application which features S.M. the Ballad's first mini-album Miss You. The app includes preview tracks of the album, an image gallery and clock, as well as the music videos for "Miss You" and "Hot Times".
- History of 'Miss You'
- (Korean) SM the Ballad, 28일 '인기가요'로 데뷔 무대 (SM the Ballad, 28 days 'popular music' to debut') Nate. November 27, 2010. Retrieved November 28, 2010.
- "Taeyeon, Jonghyun, Yesung, Krystal and Chen to relaunch 'SM THE BALLAD'". Kpop Daily News. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/02/more-details-including-tracklist-and-participating-artists-for-sm-the-ballads-2nd-album-breath-revealed#axzz2sJGBnR7a". External link in
- "Taeyeon, Jonghyun, Yesung, Krystal and Chen to relaunch 'SM THE BALLAD'". dkpopnews. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "More details including tracklist and participating artists for SM The Ballad's 2nd album 'Breath' revealed". allkpop. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- S.M. The Ballad Becomes Number 1 in Weekly Album Sales Korean Top News. Retrieved December 20, 2010.
- "Connecting to the iTunes Store.". Retrieved 8 May 2016.