Second Sheikh Hasina Cabinet
|Second Hasina Cabinet|
18th Council of Ministers of Bangladesh
Sheikh Hasina Wazed
|Date formed||6 January 2009|
|Date dissolved||24 January 2014|
|People and organisations|
|Head of government||Sheikh Hasina|
|Member parties||Awami League |
|Legislature term(s)||9th Parliament|
The second Hasina cabinet was the Government of Bangladesh during the 9th legislative session of the Jatiya Sangsad following the 2008 general election, and serving from 6 January 2009 until 24 January 2014.
- 24 January 2009
- Six state ministers were added:
- Shahjahan Mia for Ministry of Religious Affairs
- Abdul Mannan Khan for Ministry of Housing and Public Works
- Muhammad Qamrul Islam for Parliamentary Affairs under the Ministry of Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs Ministry
- Shamsul Hoque Tuku for Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources
- Motahar Hossain for Ministry of Primary and Mass Education
- Jahangir Kabir Nanak for Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Cooperatives
- 3 May 2009
- 31 July 2009
- Shajahan Khan took charge of the shipping ministry.
- Muhammad Afsarul Ameen was transferred to the primary and mass education ministry.
- Shamsul Hoque Tuku was made the state minister for home affairs.
- Muhammad Enamul Huq was appointed as the state minister for power, energy, and mineral resources.
- Hasan Mahmud was made the state minister for forest and environment.
- Mostafizur Rahman Fizar was made the state minister for land.
- Promode Mankin was made the state minister for cultural affairs.
- Mujibur Rahman Fakir was made the state minister for health and family welfare.
- Mahbubur Rahman was made the state minister for water resources.
- Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury was made the state minister for women and children affairs.
- 4 December 2011
- Ministry of Railways is bifurcated from Ministry of Communications.
- Ministry of Science and Information and Communication Technology is split into Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and Ministry of Science and Technology.
- 6 December 2011
- Obaidul Quader took charge of Ministry of Communications.
- Suranjit Sengupta took charge of the Ministry of Railways.
- Commerce Minister Faruk Khan and Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister GM Quader swapped their portfolios.
- Syed Abul Hossain took charge of ICT Ministry and Yafes Osman became Science and Technology minister.
- 18 April 2012
- Suranjit Sengupta resigned from the Ministry of Railways.
The cabinet was composed of the following ministers:
- "Hasina sworn-in Bangladesh PM for second time". mid-day. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2019-01-09.
- "6 more given ministerial job". The Daily Star. 2009-01-25. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Sohel Taj speaks of conspiracy against him, his family". The Daily Star. 2018-06-10. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Changes in cabinet". The Daily Star. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "রেলপথ মন্ত্রণালয়ের সংক্ষিপ্ত ইতিহাস". Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "Quader gets Abul's job". The Daily Star. 2011-12-06. Retrieved 2019-01-09.
- "Suranjit is back". The Daily Star. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2019-01-09.
- "Profile Of Ministers". The Daily Star. 8 January 2009. Archived from the original on 12 January 2009.
- "Hasan Mahmud removed from foreign min". bdnews24.com. 31 July 2009. Retrieved 13 November 2015.