Sixth Street Viaduct
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|6th Street Viaduct|
Sixth Street Bridge
|Carries||6th Street/Whittier Boulevard|
|Crosses||Metrolink tracks, Los Angeles River, Union Pacific Railroad tracks, Santa Ana Freeway, Golden State Freeway, several local streets|
|Locale||Downtown and Boyle Heights areas of Los Angeles, California|
|Official name||Sixth Street Bridge from the LA River|
|Other name(s)||6th Street Viaduct|
|Maintained by||City of Los Angeles and California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)|
|ID number||53C-1880 (City of Los Angeles), 53-0595 (Caltrans)|
|Material||Reinforced concrete and steel|
|Total length||3,500 feet (1,100 m)|
|Width||46 feet (14 m)|
The Sixth Street Viaduct is a viaduct bridge that connects the Arts District in Downtown Los Angeles with the Boyle Heights neighborhood. It spans the Los Angeles River, the Santa Ana Freeway (US 101), and the Golden State Freeway (I-5), as well as Metrolink and Union Pacific railroad tracks and several local streets. Built in 1932, the viaduct is composed of three independent structures: the reinforced concrete west segment, the central steel arch segment over the river, and the reinforced concrete east segment.
During the construction of the viaduct, an on-site plant was used to supply the concrete for construction. However, the quality of the concrete turned out to have a high alkali content and led to an alkali-silica reaction which creates cracks in the concrete and saps the strength of the structure.
It is one of the only historic LA River bridges to suffer from ASR.
Titles where the Viaduct is seen
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
- In Time
- To Live and Die in L.A.
- Freaky Friday
- Be Cool
- Armed and Dangerous
- National Security
- Terminator 2
- Terminator 3
- Gone in 60 Seconds
- Repo Man
- The Mask
- That Man Bolt
- Hot Rod Girl
- Blue Thunder
- My Family
- Zombie Apocalypse
- Blood In Blood Out
- Playing God
- Horrible Bosses
- The Naked Gun
- The Purge: Anarchy
- Furious 7
- Madonna video for What It Feels Like For A Girl single
- Transplants video for Gangsters and Thugs single
- System of a Down video for Lonely Day single
- INXS video for Afterglow
- Pussycat Dolls video for Don't Cha
- Pussycat Dolls video for Stickwitu
- Blink 182 video for Down
- Kanye West video for Jesus Walks
- Kid Rock video for American Bad Ass
- Ne-Yo video for Beautiful Monster
- Avril Lavigne video for What The Hell
- Thirty Seconds to Mars video for Kings and Queens
- Tyga video for "Reminded"
- Foo Fighters video for "Walk"
- Usher video for My Way
- Bruno Mars video for Grenade
- Christina Milian video for "Say I"
- Ray J video for "What I Need"
- Chris Brown video for Deuces
- Far East Movement video for "Rocketeer"
- The D.O.C video for "It's Funky Enough"
- Limp Bizkit video for "Gold Cobra"
- Pixie Lott video for "All About Tonight" (2011)
- Everlast video for "Long At All" (2012)
- Conor Maynard video for "Turn Around" (2012)
- Cheryl Cole video for "Call My Name" (2012)
- Zedd video for "Clarity" (2012)
- The Lonely Island video for "Yolo" (2013)
- Pharrell video for "Happy" [Despicable Me 2] (2013)
- Alesso Calvin Harris Hurts video for "Under Control"
- Galantis video for "You"
- Lost episode of Through the Looking Glass
- St. Elsewhere - Season 3 - Episode 1 "Playing God"
- The starting location of The Amazing Race 15
- 24 - Season 3 - Episode 22
- L.A. Heat - episode "Little Saigon" (1999)
- Melrose Place - Pilot (2009)
- Fear the Walking Dead - Pilot (2015)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- L.A. Noire
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles
- [dead link]
- "Sixth Street Viaduct has Cancer; Suggested Treatment: New Bridge". blogdowntown. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to
6th Street Bridge
(Los Angeles River).