Soggy biscuit (also known as ookie cookie, limp biscuit, wet biscuit, shoot the cookie, or cum on a cookie) is a male group masturbation activity where the participants stand around a biscuit (UK) or cookie (US) masturbating and ejaculating onto it; the last person to do so must eat the biscuit. The game is reportedly played by adolescents, notably in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia. In Australia, it is also known as soggy Sao after the SAO brand of biscuits that are popular there.
Although soggy biscuit is not necessarily associated with homosexuality, since the game does not require sexual contact, the idea and practice of the game is in keeping with the spirit of adolescent sexual exploration associated by many in the UK with public schools or in Australia with private schools.
Although the terminology may differ slightly, the notability of the game is such that variations on the theme are referred to in popular culture, examples including Stephen Fry's The Liar, the German film Crazy, the 2006 film Sleeping Dogs Lie, the episode of Blackadder II "Chains", and the episode of Drawn Together, "Freaks and Greeks".
According to the book Law of the Playground, 1866 men were asked: "How close have you got to the game of soggy biscuit, in which you race to wank onto a cracker?" Of the respondents, 6.2% reportedly admitted to having played the game.
In November 2011, The Eagle-Tribune reported that police were investigating claims that two Andover High School (Massachusetts) basketball players were hazed by older team members into playing the game. In January 2012, it was reported that two students were expelled over the incident and a further five were suspended. A grand jury was convened to determine if any of the students should be charged criminally.
- Jonathon Green, The Cassell Dictionary of Slang, 1998, page 1110
- Partridge, Eric; Tom Dalzell; Terry Victor (2006). The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English. p. 2189. ISBN 9780415259385.
- Alisdare Hickson, The Poisoned Bowl: Sex and the Public School, 1996, Gerald Duckworth and Co. Ltd, ISBN 0-7156-2709-0
- Blyth, Jonathan (2004). Law of the Playground. Ebury & Vermilion. p. 182. ISBN 978-0091900304.
- Harmacinski, Jill (November 29, 2011). "Alleged Andover hazing gets camp kicked off campus". The Eagle-Tribune. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Harmacinski, Jill (January 8, 2012). "Andover hazing detailed in lawsuit". The Eagle-Tribune. Retrieved December 6, 2012.