|Federal Minister of Aviation, Nigeria|
4 July 2011 – 12 February 2014
|Preceded by||Fidelia Njeze|
|Succeeded by||Mr. Osita Chidoka|
|Born||5 January 1962|
|Political party||Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)|
Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi (born January 5, 1962) was the Nigerian Minister of Aviation. She was confirmed to the post and sworn in on July 2, 2011. and was deployed to the Ministry of Aviation on July 4, 2011. She was however relieved of her duties as Minister of Aviation on 12 February 2014. She was also active in the political campaign of former President Goodluck Jonathan, where she served as his campaign's Director of Administration and Finance.
In 2013 she was one of the delegates chosen by the President to attend the Papal inauguration of Pope Francis together with David Mark, President of the Senate and Viola Onwuliri, Foreign Minister.
On 23 February 2017, Punch Newspaper r reported her four companies accounts frozen over alleged indebtedness of $16,412,819.06 and N100,493,225.59 by the Federal high court in Lagos. The four companies are Sea Petroleum and Gas Company Limited, Sea Shipping Agency Limited, Rotary Engineering Services Limited, and Tour Afrique Company Limited with 21 bank accounts.
She has been involved in numerous controversies ranging from highly inflated purchase of BMW bullet-proof cars without following due process as well as allegations that Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi purportedly lied that about she obtained an MBA degree from St Paul's College. However, the News website, SaharaReporters, had on Jan 6th 2014 quoted authorities at St. Paul’s College, where Mrs. Oduah claimed she studied for bachelor's and master's degrees, as saying they did not award her an MBA at any time as the university does not even have a graduate school or graduate programme.
Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi was born to Igwe D.O. Oduah of Akili-Ozizor, L.G.A. in Anambra State on January 5, 1962. Oduah-Ogiemwonyi received her Bachelors and Masters Degree (in Accounting and Business Administration respectively) in the United States. Upon her return to Nigeria in 1983, she joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
She was married to the former Minister for Works, Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi and has children.
- Aug 30, 2013, 08:31 PM. "Jonathan drops corrupt Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah, 3 others". Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- Aug 30, 2013, 08:31 PM. "Senate President David Mark Read The List of Nigeria's Ministerial Nominees". The InfoStride. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "President Swears In 14 Ministers, Returnees Retain Former Portfolios". Nigeriadailynews.com. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "Latest Nigerian News from Thisday newspaper". Thisdayonline.com. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "Jonathan’s cabinet". Archived from the original on August 9, 2011. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "Pope Inauguration: David Mark To Lead FG Delegation To Vatican City | INFORMATION NIGERIA". Informationng.com. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "How Aviation Minister Stella Oduah Forced Cash-Strapped Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 Million On Two BMW Armored Cars For Her". Sahara Reporters. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal-PREMIUM TIMES". Sahara Reporters. 7 January 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah in fresh fake doctorate degree scandal - Premium Times Nigeria". 8 January 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- The 6 female senators in 8th National Assembly, Naij,com, Retrieved 15 February 2016
- "encomiummagazine.com". www.encomiummagazine.com. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- [dead link]
- "Account Suspended". Seapetrol.com. Retrieved 2013-08-30.