Sun-Air of Scandinavia
|Frequent-flyer program||Executive Club|
SUN-AIR of Scandinavia A/S, usually shortened to SUN-AIR, is a Danish regional airline headquartered in Billund with its main base at Billund Airport. It operates scheduled services as a franchise of British Airways using their name and corporate design as British Airways - operated by SUN-AIR of Scandinavia A/S. The airline also offers charter flights, air taxi services, specialist aerial work and aircraft brokerage.
The airline was established and started operations in 1978 by Mr. Niels Sundberg. It initially operated solely as an air taxi and charter service, but developed into a regional airline in 1987. It became a British Airways franchisee on 1 August 1996, operating as British Airways in their corporate design. Sun Air is an affiliate member of the Oneworld alliance and also uses British Airways' frequent flyer program Executive Club. The airline is wholly owned by Niels Sundberg and has 175 employees. It also has a business jet subsidiary called JoinJet.
As of 27 April 2016, SUN-AIR of Scandinavia serves the following cities under their British Airways franchise:
- London - London City Airport
- Kingston upon Hull - Humberside Airport
- Manchester - Manchester Airport
As of December 2015, the SUN-AIR of Scandinavia fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|Dornier 328||2||32||Operated as British Airways; Leased from MHS Aviation|
|Dornier 328JET||15||32||Operated as British Airways and JoinJet|
|BAe Jetstream 31||2||19||Operated as British Airways|
- "Contact." Sun Air of Scandinavia. Retrieved on 16 March 2010. "SUN-AIR of Scandinavia A/S Cumulusvej 10 DK-7190 Billund Denmark"
- "Biz jet", Airliner World: 7, February 2013
- uk.sun-air.dk - Destinations retrieved 27 April 2016
- *ch-aviation.com - SUN-AIR of Scandinavia retrieved 16 December 2015
Media related to SUN-AIR of Scandinavia at Wikimedia Commons