Talk:Shrek Forever After
|↓||Skip to table of contents||↓|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Shrek Forever After article.|
|WikiProject Animation / American / Films / Computer / DreamWorks Animation||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Film||(Rated C-class)|
- 1 Don't use abbreviations
- 2 Deletion?
- 3 Shrek 5?
- 4 Merge to Shrek (series)
- 5 3-D
- 6 Shrek: Ever After
- 7 References
- 8 Breaking News on Shrek goes Fourth video game ports
- 9 Blackadder?
- 10 final film?????
- 11 Plot section's tone or style may not be appropriate for Wikipedia
- 12 Plot section, already?
- 13 Move the article
- 14 Requested move
- 15 Another poster just came out
- 16 Reception from the Future?
- 17 Two Titles
- 18 Official Title
Don't use abbreviations
BigBang616, please do not use abbreviations on Wikipedia. (you used aka) Wikipedia is a factual website, not a chat zone. Thanks, Monkeys 9711 —Preceding unsigned comment added by Monkeys 9711 (talk • contribs) 21:04, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
Deletion? Why would this page be deleted. Just leave it. We have proof of it, and possibly even a fifth one. Just leave this page alone. Stop trying to delete this page which deserves to be here. KEEP THIS PAGE!
Who put up Shrek 5 on the Infobox? There is not even proof of it.
Someone put Shrek 5 there again. Let's not get to far into the future. Could someone change it back?
well, i think there will be a shrek 5, but i'm inexperienced in this department, so forget my opinion.--a bag filled with crapped on nachos 00:15, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Eh, someone keeps putting it back...--Mrperson777 20:30, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
After Shreak 2 came out, there was word online that there would be a total of 7 Shrek movies. Can anyone confirm this? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:26, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
Apparently a very-determined IP keeps adding that there will be a Shrek 5 sometime in the future, even though the most recent trailer states that Shrek Forever After will be the "final chapter." What is the current consensus amongst the editors, so we don't get into an edit/revert war over this? Thanks. --McDoobAU93 (talk) 03:38, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
UPDATE on that ... the cited source in the article is enough for me: pending something more recent than this stating otherwise, there will not be a Shrek 5. --McDoobAU93 (talk) 03:43, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
Merge to Shrek (series)
I'd like to recommend that this article is merged and redirected to Shrek (series) because there is very little context to substantiate an entire article at the present. References about the beginnings of development can be placed there instead. —Erik (talk • contrib • review) - 23:24, 2 May 2007 (UTC)
- I'm fine with that. My reasoning for removing the CSD tag was that none of the arguments for deletion still apply to this version of the article. WP is not a crystal ball doesn't really apply because it has been announced by the studio. Although, I am fine with another AfD nomination and I fully support a redirect to Shrek (series). --PS2pcGAMER (talk) 23:28, 2 May 2007 (UTC)
- Alright, it's just that articles that are underdeveloped tend to attract a lot of unsubstantiated rumors, so from what I've seen, housing content such as the announcement of development under a fuller article helps preserve encyclopedic integrity. Let's just say you should've seen The Dark Knight back in its first days... —Erik (talk • contrib • review) - 23:30, 2 May 2007 (UTC)
- I agree that there should be some merging of the Shrek information. The original Shrek page, for example, contains all the sequel information. Duplicating the sequel information on each individual Shrek # page is redundant and can lead to citation and editing errors/mistakes/lack of updates/etc. SpikeJones 15:29, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
I changed the 2-D in the whole, "it's gonna be 3-D" to "regular" because saying 2-D will lead people to believe that we mean like a regular cartoon (17:05, 20 May 2007) 22.214.171.124
- We need to be sure to clarify in the text somehow that Dreamworks' announcement was that the 3D releases would be "in addition" to the standard format releases, not a substitue/replacement. SpikeJones 02:39, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
Shrek: Ever After
Change the title Shrek 4 to Shrek: Ever After
The NY licensing show was today and we now have the title - Shrek: Ever After. Here is the poster:
http://picsmcgee.com/albums/Licensing%202007/normal_IMG_0228.jpg126.96.36.199 21:37, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
- As I've just gone around and corrected, that is NOT the title of the movie. fethers 04:05, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
- I've gone and taking some time in finding some references... I knew there would be some around. If however I hadn't been bothered, I would have merely deleted the section. In future, can we please add references, or not bother in the first place! — MovieJunkie Talk!
19:21, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
- Anyone got any info on the video game version of Shrek goes Fourth? If anyone has got any info on that please give us a bell. mcjakeqcool Mcjakeqcool (talk) 15:56, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
Breaking News on Shrek goes Fourth video game ports
After the Monty Python references of Shrek the Third, are the Shrek team now referencing the comedy series Blackadder? The third season was called "Blackadder the Third", and the fourth season was "Blackadder Goes Forth". 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:43, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Those that count as copyright fraud? Would adding that to the article be notable to the article? mcjakeqcool Mcjakeqcool (talk) 18:52, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- No joy on wether or not Shrek using the exact same naming convention as Blackadder for all four films is copyright fraud? Give us a bell asap If anyone's got any. mcjakeqcool Mcjakeqcool (talk) 16:08, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- (a) to be added to the article, you will need to find a citable reference per WP:CITE that shows the Shrek's titles AREe influenced by Blackadder. (b) if shown to be a direct influence, it would be parody, not fraud, and therefore not even likely to be included in the first place. SpikeJones (talk) 17:18, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Plot section's tone or style may not be appropriate for Wikipedia
In particular the last few sentences sentences:
Now, If Shrek shares true loves kiss by sunrise, everything will return to normal! But now, Rumplestiltskin has sent out an army of witches to stop him. Now Shrek must stop Rumplestiltskin and return everything to normal. But can he?
Plot section, already?
Move the article
Editors recently have been modifying the article to show the film's apparent new title, Shrek: The Final Chapter. I looked at the official site, and it does appear that Dreamworks has indeed changed the title. Sounds like a move request is in order. --McDoobAU93 (talk) 18:16, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
- Support. Makes sense although kind of a strange move to change the title so close to release. Hopefully they have made up their mind now (I see there's quite a few titles already). 23:01, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
Another poster just came out
Reception from the Future?
According to the article, "This film received negative reviews so far on Rotten Tomatoes. It currently has 20% and a score of 4.7/10 based on five reviews."
The title of the page is "Shrek Forever After", but in posters and in many commercials the title varies as either "Shrek Forever After" OR "Shrek The Final Chapter 3D", perhaps there should be a part of the article that mentions this? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:44, 10 May 2010 (UTC)
- I agree... It looks somewhat silly to have in bold "Shrek Forever After", and then have the poster image in the infobox reading a totally different name. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:02, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
What is the official title for Shrek 4? I know it was either Shrek Forever After or Shrek: The Final Chapter, but there can only be ONE title for the opening credits, right? What was the title of the film(as appeared in the film in the opening credits)? --18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:39, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
- Apparently Shrek Forever After. 04:27, 27 May 2010 (UTC)