|This is Ronhjones's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Ronhjones.|
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41|
- 1 barnstar cool PHP Ronhjones
- 1.1 Administrators' newsletter – December 2018
- 1.2 Regarding Sandeep Mudalkar image
- 1.3 Tech News: 2018-49
- 1.4 help
- 1.5 Image Bot Question
- 1.6 Copyright on error on File:FaviconChzl.png
- 1.7 Copyright error in File:FaviconChzl.png
- 1.8 Thanks for locking Darjeeling Wikipedia page
- 1.9 Long Term Abuse: Hydro.net
- 1.10 Red Robin
- 1.11 Tech News: 2018-50
- 1.12 Yet Another Favor to Ask
- 1.13 Antonia Pozzi
barnstar cool PHP Ronhjones
|The Disambiguator's Barnstar|
|The Disambiguator's Barnstar is awarded to Wikipedians who are prolific disambiguators...in your php..WHY ARE YOU HERE.|
News and updates for administrators from the past month (November 2018).
- Al Ameer son • Randykitty • Spartaz
- Boson • Daniel J. Leivick • Efe • Esanchez7587 • Fred Bauder • Garzo • Martijn Hoekstra • Orangemike
- Following a request for comment, the Mediation Committee is now closed and will no longer be accepting case requests.
- A request for comment is in progress to determine whether members of the Bot Approvals Group should satisfy activity requirements in order to remain in that role.
- A request for comment is in progress regarding whether to change the administrator inactivity policy, such that administrators "who have made no logged administrative actions for at least 12 months may be desysopped". Currently, the policy states that administrators "who have made neither edits nor administrative actions for at least 12 months may be desysopped".
- A proposal has been made to temporarily restrict editing of the Main Page to interface administrators in order to mitigate the impact of compromised accounts.
- Administrators and bureaucrats can no longer unblock themselves unless they placed the block initially. This change has been implemented globally. See also this ongoing village pump discussion (permalink).
- To complement the aforementioned change, blocked administrators will to block the administrator that placed their block to mitigate the possibility of a compromised administrator account blocking all other active administrators.
- Since deployment of Partial blocks on Test Wikipedia, several bugs were identified. Most of them are now fixed. Administrators are encouraged to test the new deployment and report new bugs on Phabricator or leave feedback on the Project's talk page. You can request administrator access on the Test Wiki here.
- In late November, an attacker compromised multiple accounts, including at least four administrator accounts, and used them to vandalize Wikipedia. If you have ever used your current password on any other website, you should change it immediately. Sharing the same password across multiple websites makes your account vulnerable, especially if your password was used on a website that suffered a data breach. As these incidents have shown, these concerns are not pure fantasies.
- Wikipedia policy requires administrators to have strong passwords. To further reinforce security, administrators should also consider enabling two-factor authentication. A committed identity can be used to verify that you are the true account owner in the event that your account is compromised and/or you are unable to log in.
- (Raymond Arritt) passed away on 14 November 2018. Boris joined Wikipedia as on 8 May 2006 and was an administrator from 30 July 2007 to 2 June 2008.
Regarding Sandeep Mudalkar image
Respected sir, Regarding the image of Mr.Sandeep Mudalkar I have got a Copyright clearance from the company on a official letter head duly signed. Please do help and guide me how to submit the scanned copy of letter to Wikimedia? --126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:31, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
- @188.8.131.52: You need to go to Wikipedia:Declaration_of_consent_for_all_enquiries Ronhjones (Talk) 18:14, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
African Union https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:African_Union_flag.svg i need this flag in table. but i cant. help me.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minorities_in_Turkey#Summary if you can , please add african flag to table. thank you so much. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Olesashe (talk • contribs) 09:46, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Olesashe: That is not easy. Firstly the flag shown has been set up as a non-free image, which means it cannot be used in the "flag" template. It needs to be a free image. I will ask a question at c:COM:VPC for you to see if we can call it a free image under PD-textlogo. If the image is free then you need to request a flag template be made at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Flag Template. Ronhjones (Talk) 16:42, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
Image Bot Question
Your bot has sent me the same message twice, about the same image. I noted the first time that, yes, the file was over 100 megabytes, so I reduced the size to about 89 megabytes, and am using that as the image file. For reasons I don't understand, I got that second message and I don't know why. The older, larger image is scheduled to be deleted, and the newer image should be small enough. This is the file: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jonah_Heston,_Mystery_Science_Theater_3000.jpg I don't know what's going on. Please assist. The Saxon (talk) 22:11, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Saxonjf: Byte size is irrelevant - that is just a function on how good the compression works and has no relevance to the size of the uncompressed image. The message tells you the image is over 100,000 pixels. You do not need to do anything, the reducing bot kicks in a 06:00 every day to fix all the big images to be just under 100,000 pixels. Ronhjones (Talk) 22:52, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
Copyright on error on File:FaviconChzl.png
By the way, that is my own work, not anyone elses. It was made by me, nor was it a "Derivative". Please unmark this file as WP:SPDY. Thanks Tornadosurvivor2011 11:49, 6 December 2018 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tornadosurvivor2011 (talk • contribs)
- @Tornadosurvivor2011: Changing the colours will not remove the original copyright - it makes it a derivative of the original. Ronhjones (Talk) 16:21, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
Copyright error in File:FaviconChzl.png
As the company has been dissolved, please remove the image. It was supposed to go into a userbox, but it apparentley, it didn't, because of WP:COPYVIO Tornadosurvivor2011 17:46, 6 December 2018 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tornadosurvivor2011 (talk • contribs)
Thanks for locking Darjeeling Wikipedia page
Dear Jones, Thanks for locking Darjeeling Wikipeida page for abrupt editing.
I am resident of Darjeeling Hills for long period of time and my forefather lived here even before Brirish came to Darjeeling. After India got independence, this hill areas were handed over to current India state of West Bengal.Post inclusion, the Hils communities faced discrimination from Bengalese ruled Govt. and this malpractice to throw out Hills communities by West Bengal govt. is still going on.
There were not a single Bengali family lived in Darjeeling Hills including Siliguri(old name Silgadi) during British rule. Post 1947 and 1971, there was huge influx of Bengali speaking people in Northern part of West Bengal primarily in Siliguri and Japlaiguri and outnumbered Hill communities Gorkhas and Lepchas.
Due to supression against Gorkhas(India born Nepalese) specially started due to which India saw violent agitation called Gorkhaland movement during 1986-1988. During this period thousands of Gorkhas killed by West Bengal Police and goons hiding in police dress. After two decades, again agitation for separate state Gorkhaland within India started from 2007 and last occured in 2017.
Due to this, Bengali ruled West Bengal Govt tried to manipulate history as much as and as far as they can to curb the agitation and trying to prove that Gorkhas are not Indians.
Darjeeling Wikipedia page modification with false data is one of such unethical activity of some communal people of West Bengal.
I would like to request you to modify below sentence(false data)
...varied culture of the town reflects its diverse demographic milieu comprising Lepcha, Khampa, Gorkha, Newar, Sherpa, Bhutia, Bengali and other mainland Indian ethno-linguistic groups
varied culture of the town reflects its diverse demographic milieu comprising Gorkha, Lepcha and Bhutia.
Reason: Newar and Sherpa belong to Gorkha community. Bengalis are very limited in Darjeeling district who live as a temporary guest(official workers).However Gorkhas, Lepchas and Bhutias(aka Hills communities) live there for centuries.
JeewanThapa (talk) 17:54, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
- @JeewanThapa: Use the procedure at Wikipedia:Protection_policy#semi to request a change. Ronhjones (Talk) 20:38, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
Long Term Abuse: Hydro.net
Hi, you recently added a short-term block to the IP User talk:184.108.40.206. His recent edit to Carlos Ghosn matches this case: Wikipedia:Long-term abuse/Hydro dot net, and a recent instance of his stream of edits was handled by @Intgr:. Should this be reported to AIV or can you and/or Intgr handle it directly ? Fbergo (talk) 21:40, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
- @P37307: Indef in Wiki is always "undefined", until someone asks. Dropped down to PC. Ronhjones (Talk) 19:36, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
Yet Another Favor to Ask
Remember that other IP-hopping vandal I told you about? It's hopped to this IP now, and is currently busy trying to put two prehistoric marsupial articles into a non-existent category. May I ask you put the kibosh on it for a bit?--Mr Fink (talk) 04:32, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
Hi, dearest Ronhjones, and thank you for your message. Sorry, I didn't understand what you wanted to say, can you explanate me? Thanks a lot and see you soon.