Tallawong railway station
Implexa Parade entrance in June 2019
|Operated by||Metro Trains Sydney|
|Line(s)||Sydney Metro Northwest|
|Distance||35 kilometres from Chatswood|
|Connections||2 bus stops|
|Opened||26 May 2019|
Tallawong railway station, originally known as Cudgegong Road railway station, is a station near the intersection of Cudgegong and Schofield Roads, Rouse Hill, in Sydney, Australia. The station is the terminus of the Metro North West Line to Chatswood that will later be extended through the Sydney central business district to Bankstown. Beyond the station lies a train depot.
The station was originally proposed to be named Cudgegong Road after a nearby road, which in turn was named for a central west NSW property owned by the suburb's namesake, local pastoralist and political figure Richard Rouse. It could not be named Rouse Hill as this name is used for a separate station to the east at Rouse Hill Town Centre. Blacktown City Council unsuccessfully proposed naming the surrounding area and station in honour of former Prime Minister Gough Whitlam. In December 2017, the Geographical Names Board of New South Wales launched a consultation to rename the station Tallawong. The renaming was confirmed in April 2018.
Though various forms of a rail line to Rouse Hill were proposed by the NSW Government between 1998 and 2010, these generally terminated at Rouse Hill Town Centre. A 2001 plan had the line continue north-west rather than west from Rouse Hill, with the next stop at Box Hill. Tallawong only emerged as a station location in 2012, with the government favouring a future corridor heading west from Rouse Hill towards the existing Schofields railway station and the future growth area of Marsden Park.
|Tallawong Bus Guide, May 2019 by Transport for NSW|
Tallawong has one island platform with two faces. It is served by Metro North West Line services. Two bus stops are located adjacent to the station. The "Tallawong Station, Implexa Pde" stop is serviced by two Busways services to Marsden Park and two to Blacktown. The "Implexa Pde opp Tallawong Station" stop is serviced by four Busways services to Rouse Hill.
|2||Services to & from Chatswood|
|3||Services to & from Chatswood|
- Sydney Metro City & Southwest Project Overview Archived 17 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine Sydney Metro June 2015
- Duff, Eamonn (26 April 2015). "Whitlam suburb name refusal reveals Geographical Names Board unique agenda". The Sun-Herald.
- Naming Proposal Tallawong Railway Station Geographical Names Board of New South Wales
- Tallawong Railway Station Geographical Names Board of New South Wales
- Christie, Ron (2001). Long-term strategic plan for rail. Sydney: Office of the Co-ordinator General of Rail.
- Transport for NSW, Customer Experience Division. "Sydney Metro to open 26 May". transportnsw.info. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- Tallewong station Sydney Metro - Transport for NSW
- North West Rail Link $340 million skytrain contract awarded Archived 2 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine Transport for NSW 18 December 2013
- $8.3 billion North West Rail Link to open in late 2019 Archived 26 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine Transport for NSW 16 June 2013
- "M: Metro North West line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- Tallawong Station Transport for NSW
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tallawong railway station, Sydney.|