Canterbury railway station, Sydney
Northbound view from Platform 2 in October 2006
|Location||Canterbury Road, Canterbury|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||10.16 kilometres from Central|
|Disabled access||Yes, to platform 2 only|
|Opened||1 February 1895|
For the station in Melbourne with the same name, see Canterbury railway station, Melbourne.
To the north of the station, lie two tracks that are part of the Metropolitan Goods Line. The westbound line has a platform face, however this has been fenced off. A platform on the eastbound line was demolished in 1995. These were previously used for raceday specials when Canterbury Park Racecourse was operating. Several sidings were located just beyond the station for stabling raceday trains.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||services to Lidcombe & Liverpool via Bankstown|||
Sydney Buses operate six routes via Canterbury station:
- 428: Canterbury to Circular Quay
- L28: Canterbury to Circular Quay
- 444: Campsie to Balmain East wharf via Norton Street, Leichhardt
- 445: Campsie to Balmain East wharf via Leichhardt Marketplace
- 487: Canterbury to Bankstown Central Shopping Centre
- 491: Five Dock to Hurstville
- Canterbury Station NSWrail.net
- Canterbury Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Oakes, John (2001). Sydney's Forgotten Goods Railways. Australian Railway Historical Society. p. 71. ISBN 0 909650 54 3.
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 428 and L28 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010.
- "Routes 444 and 445 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 20 October 2013.
- "Route 487 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010.
- "Route 491 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW