|• Body||Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone Code||(+91) 1679|
|Vehicle registration||PB 73|
Tapa is a small town or city and a municipal council and administrative area in Barnala district in the Indian state of Punjab. Tapa is mainly known as Tapa-Mandi because it is a small town so Mandi word used to describes it well. Tapa is well known for its historic Deras and Guruduwaras and for best economy in its district. A famous holy place named as Baba Math is the main attraction of this town. Tapa is situated at Barnala-Bathinda Main Road (NH 64) between Barnala and Bathinda, Moga and Mansa. It is 24 km towards Bathinda from Barnala and 42 km towards Barnala from Bathinda. Moga Road also passes through it towards Pakho-Kenchian. It was said that Tpa name was give to this town after the famous saint "Tap G Maharaj". He was here during the time of sikh Gurus and all these records were found and carved on wall of Baba Math. The math is made in the believe of Lord Sukhanand, Mata Dati and Lord Hanuman. It was said lord sukhanand was a great believer of lord hanuman. Lord sukhanand's sayings/words always became true for people. people worship them as god and he never done a wromg in his life. at the end of their life, it was said that their body was cremated by lord hanuman himself due to which each and every person of this small town visits the temple to get peace for his soul and whatever he pray must be get by him. This town have minicipal committee located in front of Gurdwara Singh Sabha. It was headed by Tarlochan Bansal who was President of this committee. In 2011 Tapa Mandi was first town to first upload its census online and its team also got awarded by the PM of India at that time. Today this town was moving towards development as carious big companies started investing in this town like Sportking, Trident, etc. This town was also good in education as the girl from tapa mandi top in the whole punjab in 2015 from Sarvhitkari Vidya Mandir School Tapa Mandi.
As of 2001[update] India census, Tapa had a population of 18,887. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Tapa has an average literacy rate of 57%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 62%, and female literacy is 51%. In Tapa, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Shivalik Public Sen. Sec. School, Tapa
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Dhilwan (Tapa)
- Shama Public Sen. Sec. School, Tapa
- Government Boys Sen. Sec. School, Tapa
- Government Girls Sen. Sec. School, Tapa
- Arya Samaj Public High School, Tapa
- S.S.N Senior Secondary School, Tapa
- Sarvhitkari Vidya Mandir Public High School, Tapa
- Guru Nanak Dev Public High School, Tapa
- Dashmesh Public High School, Dhillwan (Tapa)
- Holy Angels Public High School, Tapa
- Punjabi University College, Dhilwan (Tapa)
- New Era Girls College, Tapa
- M.S.D Women College, Tapa
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article about a location in the Indian state of Punjab is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|