|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Location in Punjab, India
|Named for||Area inside the water or King Jalandhara|
|• Administrator of District||Shruti Singh|
|• Total||2,632 km2 (1,016 sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
According to the 2011 census Jalandhar district has a population of 2,181,753, roughly equal to the nation of Latvia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 209th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 831 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,150/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 11.16%. Jalandhar has a sex ratio of 913 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 82.4%.
- "Jalandhar District Population Census 2011, Punjab literacy sex ratio and density".
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Latvia 2,204,708, July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Mexico - 2,059,179
- "Top MBA ,MCA Colleges in North India, Punjab, Jalandhar - Apeejay Institute of Management Technical Campus".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jalandhar district.|
||Kapurthala district (Western)||Hoshiarpur district||Kapurthala district (Eastern)|
|Firozpur district||Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar district|
|Moga district||Ludhiana district|