The Sims Pet Stories
This article needs to be updated.July 2009)(
|The Sims Pet Stories|
American cover art
|Developer(s)||The Sims Division|
|Publisher(s)||Electronic Arts (PC)|
Aspyr Media (Mac)
|Platform(s)||Windows, Mac OS X|
|Genre(s)||Life simulation game|
The Sims Pet Stories challenges Sims to care for and train pets, similar to The Sims 2: Pets. Much like its predecessor, this game is optimized for laptops and features both story and free play modes. Players can also raise and train pets in the game like The Sims 2.
In this game, two new stories are introduced, Best in Show and Midnight Masquerade. The first story features Alice, a woman who faces financial problems and is about to lose her home. So she enters her pet Dalmatian into a local dog show to try to earn enough money to save her house. The second story is about a successful executive chef named Stephen, whose world is turned upside down when an obnoxious cat comes to live with him.
There is a neutral town titled Arbor Falls, where you can play in Free Mode, and you do not have to follow a story line. In Free Mode, you can play as you can in the regular Sims 2. You can raise a family, buy pets, go out, and date.
As with the other titles in the Sims Stories series, Pet Stories is designed around the bare bones of the base Sims 2 game engine, making it more optimized for laptops and low-end computers. By default, the title plays in Windowed mode, but can be changed to play in regular full screen. It also features a battery bar to show how much battery you have left, if playing on a laptop.
As with the other two titles in the series, Pet Stories received mixed to positive reception.
- "The Sims Pet Stories coming to Mac". Aspyr. Archived from the original on August 11, 2007. Retrieved July 27, 2007.
- The Sims Pet Stories Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- "The Sims Pets Stories". Archived from the original on January 13, 2016. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- "The Sims Pet Stories". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- Rachel Weber (August 16, 2007). "The Sims Pet Stories review". GamesRadar+. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- Sean Bell (November 2, 2007). "The Sims: Pet Stories PC Review". DarkZero. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- "The Sims Pet Stories". Games Like Finder. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- Jess Nickelsen (August 14, 2007). "The Sims Pet Stories". NZ Gamer. Retrieved January 7, 2018.