There's One in Every Crowd
|There's One in Every Crowd|
|Studio album by Eric Clapton|
|Recorded||late 1974 - early 1975|
|Genre||Blues rock, reggae|
|Eric Clapton chronology|
There's One in Every Crowd is the third studio album by blues rocker Eric Clapton, released in 1975. Recorded shortly after 461 Ocean Boulevard, the album features a style very similar to its predecessor, but did not enjoy similar commercial success. Clapton's love for the "Tulsa Sound" (Tulsa Oklahoma) was apparent here as it is quite similar in feel to the previous record.
After the success of "I Shot the Sheriff", Clapton and his backing band went to Jamaica to record There's One in Every Crowd (The songs "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot," "Little Rachel" and "Don't Blame Me" are recorded in a reggae style, though the rest of the record is blues/rock). However, with his growing alcohol dependency and problems in Jamaica, the record was very challenging to record. Original title: "EC is God...There's One in Every Crowd". RSO didn't like the first part.
- "We've Been Told (Jesus Coming Soon)" (Willie Johnson/Traditional) – 4:28
- "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" (Traditional arranged by Eric Clapton) – 3:33
- "Little Rachel" (Jim Byfield) – 4:06
- "Don't Blame Me" (Clapton/George Terry) – 3:35
- "The Sky Is Crying" (Elmore James) – 3:58
- "Singin' the Blues" (Mary McCreary) – 3:26
- "Better Make It Through Today" (Clapton) – 4:07
- "Pretty Blue Eyes" (Clapton) – 4:45
- "High" (Clapton) – 3:30
- "Opposites" (Clapton) – 4:52
- Eric Clapton: lead vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, dobro
- George Terry: electric and acoustic guitars, group vocals
- Jamie Oldaker: drums, percussion
- Dick Sims: organ, piano, electric piano
- Carl Radle: bass guitar, electric guitar
- Yvonne Elliman: lead vocals, group vocals
- Marcy Levy: group vocals
|French Albums (SNEP)||15|
|Japanese Albums (Oricon)||31|
|New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)||24|
|UK Albums (OCC)||15|
|US Billboard 200||21|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Eric Clapton – There's One in Every Crowd – AllMusic". AllMusic. Rovi Coperation. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- Clapton: The Autobiography by Eric Clapton
- "InfoDisc : Tous les Albums classés par Artiste > "Eric CLAPTON" > "OK". Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique (in French). InfoDisc.fr. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "Yamachan Land (Archives of the Japanese record charts) – Albums Chart Daijiten – Eric Clapton". Japanese Charts. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Eric Clapton – There's One In Every Crowd". Charts.org.nz. Hung Medien. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Eric Clapton | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Eric Clapton – There's One in Every Crowd – Awards – AllMusic". AllMusic. Rovi Coperation. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "British album certifications – Eric Clapton – There's One in Every Crowd". British Phonographic Industry. Enter There's One in Every Crowd in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Silver in the field By Award. Click Search
- "Dossier – The Music of Eric Clapton". Directupload. Astrid Keil. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
|This 1970s album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|