Crossroads Guitar Festival
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Crossroads Guitar Festival|
|Genre||Blues, country, rock, bluegrass|
|Location(s)||1999: New York City|
2004: Dallas, Texas
2007, 2010: Bridgeview, Illinois
2013: New York, NY
2019: Dallas, Texas
|Years active||1999, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2019|
|Founded by||Eric Clapton|
|Website||Official website (archived)|
The Crossroads Guitar Festival is a series of music festivals and benefit concerts founded by Eric Clapton. The festivals benefit the Crossroads Centre founded by Eric Clapton, a drug treatment center in Antigua. The concerts showcase a variety of guitarists, selected by Eric Clapton personally. To the 2007 audience, Clapton declared that each performer was one of the very best, and had earned his personal respect.
The first concert was held on June 30, 1999, at Madison Square Garden in New York City, and there again in 2013. The 2004 concert was held at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, while the 2007 and 2010 festivals were held at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Illinois, just outside Chicago. The festival returns to Dallas in 2019 at the American Airlines Center.
Some performers at the 1999 Concert were David Sanborn, Sheryl Crow, Bob Dylan and Mary J Blige. Backup musicians included Nathan East (bass), Steve Gadd (drums) Andy Fairweather Low (guitars), Tim Carmon (keyboards) and Dave Delhomme (keyboards). Back-up vocals were by Tessa Niles and Katie Kissoon.
The 2007 Crossroads Guitar Festival was held at Toyota Park in Bridgeview, Illinois on July 28, 2007. Tickets were estimated as sold out for the 28,000 capacity park in twenty two minutes. A DVD of the concert was released on November 20, 2007.
Eric Clapton played alongside various performers, and there were many one-off collaborations during the show. In order of appearance, the performers on the main stage were
On the second stage at the Festival Village, performers included:
The 2010 Crossroads festival was again held at Toyota Park in Bridgeview, IL (outside Chicago) on June 26, 2010.
^ - artists who also performed at the 2004 festival. * - artists who also performed at the 2007 festival.
Performers will include:
- "Crossroads Guitar Festival : June 4-6, 2004". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on April 5, 2004. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "Tyler Bryant | abc7chicago.com". Abclocal.go.com. July 1, 2009. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "Crossroads 2013". Crossroadsguitarfestival.com. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "Crossroads Guitar Festival - 12-13 April 2013 Madison Square Garden!". Eric Clapton Music News. June 12, 2012. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013". Thegarden.com. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- Official DVD performer credits for Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013
- Blistein, Joe (March 28, 2019). "Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival Returns With Gary Clark, Jr., Bonnie Raitt". Rolling Stone.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crossroads Guitar Festival.|
- Crossroadsguitarfestival.org was the official site for the Crossroads Guitar Festival. It now redirects to ericclapton.com
- Official site for 2007 concert (archived)
- IMDb site for the 2007 festival
- 2007 set list (archived)
- Review of 2007 Crossroad Guitar Festival
- Review of DVD for 2007 Crossroads Guitar Festival with set list.