Up All Night (Drake song)
|"Up All Night"|
|Song by Drake featuring Nicki Minaj|
|from the album Thank Me Later|
|Released||June 14, 2010|
The song gathered generally positive reviews from critics. Rap-Up stated that "Drake pledges his allegiance to the house that Wayne built on 'Up All Night,' while Nicki reps the home team to the fullest." Simon Vozick-Levinson of Entertainment Weekly called the song one of the best songs to download from the album. Glenn Gamboa of Newsday gave Minaj a positive review of the song stating "Even in the dark "Up All Night," Drake gets upstaged by Nicki Minaj." Ryan Dombal of Pitchfork Media stated, "Drake's fellow Young Money upstart Nicki Minaj adds to the gender ambiguities, out-manning her host on the diabolical 'Up All Night'". In a list of the "50 Best Songs of 2010" by Rolling Stone, "Up All Night" came in a number thirty-six additionally stating that the song is a "One of the year's great driving songs, with Minaj 'doing doughnuts in a six-speed'". Chris Richards of The Washington Post gave Minaj a negative review on the song stating, "On 'Up All Night,' larger-than-life newcomer Nicki Minaj sounds drowsy." Paul Cantor of XXL gave the song a positive review stating, "And if there’s any doubt the kid can flat out spit, there are the obligatory Young Money collabs 'Up All Night' (with Nicki Minaj) and “Miss Me” (with Lil Wayne)."
"Up All Night" debuted and peaked at number 49 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song ended charting based on digital sales alone. The song was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for sales of over a million digital copies in the United States.
|Canadian Hot 100||80|
|German Black Chart||18|
|US Billboard Hot 100||49|
|US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||59|
|US Billboard Rap Songs||20|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Drake, 'Thank Me Later'". Spin.com. June 15, 2010. Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- "New Music: Drake f/ Nicki Minaj – 'Up All Night'". Rap-Up.com. Retrieved June 15, 2010.
- Simon Vozick-Levinson (2010-06-09). "Thank Me Later | Music". EW.com. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- Updated: Jun 11, 2010 11:37 AMBy GLENN GAMBOA (2010-06-11). "Entertainment Item". Mobile.newsday.com. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Album Reviews: Drake: Thank Me Later". Pitchfork. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
-  Archived 2012-07-12 at the Wayback Machine
- "Record review: Drake's 'Thank Me Later'". Washingtonpost.com. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Drake, Thank Me Later Gets an XL". XXLmag.com. Archived from the original on 2010-06-26. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Drake and Nicki Minaj - Up All Night - Music Charts". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- Die Deutschen Trend Charts (2009-07-17). "Die Deutschen Trend Charts". Trendcharts.de. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Billboard - Music Charts, News, Photos & Video". billboard.com. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "American single certifications – Drake – Up All Night". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved June 29, 2018. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.