- 1 Your work on The Secret Agent
- 2 Peer Review comments
- 3 The Novels WikiProject Newsletter - Issue XXIV - May 2008
- 4 Disputed fair use rationale for Image:BigG.gif}
- 5 The Novels WikiProject Newsletter - Issue XXV - June 2008
- 6 Calling all active WP:NOVELS members
- 7 WikiProject Novels Newsletter - September 2008
- 8 The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - October 2008
- 9 The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - November 2008
- 10 Orphaned non-free media (Image:Crimeandpunishment symmetry.jpg)
- 11 The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - March 2009
- 12 The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - June 2009
- 13 WikiProject Novels - Coordinator Election
- 14 Coordinator Election
- 15 Your work on Ra (channeled entity)
- 16 The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - July 2009
- 17 New Ad
- 18 WikiProject Novels - August 2009 Newsletter
- 19 License tagging for File:Achristianturnedturk johnward.jpg
- 20 WikiProject Novels Collaboration for February
- 21 Files missing description details
- 22 ArbCom elections are now open!
Your work on The Secret Agent
I've noticed all the changes you've made to the article on Joseph Conrad's The Secret Agent and wanted to thank you for your excellent work. The article was sorely lacking only a couple of days ago, but now you've expanded it far beyond what it was. Well done! --Todeswalzer|Talk 16:59, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks! I intend to continue its expansion over the coming weeks. I don't think it's too far away from being a Good Article. --Adasta 17:08, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
Peer Review comments
I left a list of suggestions at Wikipedia:WikiProject Novels/Peer review/The Secret Agent, in case you are not watching the page. I believe Chzz meant to do the same, but somehow the comments ended on the talk page. :) If you have any questions, let me know. María (habla conmigo) 21:58, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
The Novels WikiProject Newsletter - Issue XXIV - May 2008
The May 2008 issue of the Novels WikiProject newsletter has been published. You may read the newsletter, change the format in which future issues will be delivered to you, or unsubscribe from this notification by following the link. Thank you. SteveCrossinBot (talk) 07:45, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
Disputed fair use rationale for Image:BigG.gif}
Thank you for uploading Image:BigG.gif. However, there is a concern that the rationale provided for using this image under "fair use" may not meet the criteria required by Wikipedia:Non-free content. This can be corrected by going to the image description page and add or clarify the reason why the image qualifies for fair use. In particular, for each page the image is used on, the image must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Can you please check:
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's escription page for each article the image is used in.
- That every article it is used on is linked to from its description page.
Please be aware that a fair use rationale is not the same as an image copyright tag; descriptions for images used under the fair use policy require both a copyright tag and a fair use rationale.
If it is determined that the image does not qualify under fair use, it might be deleted by adminstrator within a few days in accordance with our criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions, please ask them at the media copyright questions page. Thank you. NOTE: once you correct this, please remove the tag from the image's page. STBotI (talk) 04:22, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
The Novels WikiProject Newsletter - Issue XXV - June 2008
The June 2008 issue of the Novels WikiProject newsletter has been published. You may read the newsletter, change the format in which future issues will be delivered to you, or unsubscribe from this notification by following the link. Thank you. SteveBot (owner) 23:27, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
WikiProject Novels Newsletter - September 2008
Issue XXVI - September 2008
The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - October 2008
Issue 27 - October 2008
- Newsletter delivery by xenobot 13:03, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - November 2008
Issue 28 - November 2008
Orphaned non-free media (Image:Crimeandpunishment symmetry.jpg)
Thanks for uploading Image:Crimeandpunishment symmetry.jpg. The media description page currently specifies that it is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, it is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the media was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that media for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of 'image' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "Image" from the dropdown box. Note that all non-free media not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. BJBot (talk) 07:00, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - March 2009
Issue 29 - March 2009
The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - June 2009
Issue 30 - June 2009
WikiProject Novels - Coordinator Election
Hello. To begin, every member of WikiProject Novels will be getting this message (the joy of macros) so if you wish to get in touch with me, please post a message on my talk page. I would encourage anyone who so wishes, to stand in the Coordinator Elections. If you wish to stand, please do so by 23:59pm, June 27. Voting will the continue to 23:59pm, July 21. Can everyone please check-out the Coordinator Elections page. Also, the collaboration of the month is The Tin Drum, so if you have any spare time, please check it out. And I apologise to the seven of you for whom this will be a repeat message. Regards, Alan16 (talk).
Hello. The Coordiantor Election has begun. All members are encouraged to vote by the deadline, July 28. To vote simply add support to the comments and questions for.. section of the member of your choice.
3 users are standing:
Your work on Ra (channeled entity)
I do not know what level of interest & knowledge you have on "the law of one" series, but your edit in Ra (channeled entity) article is disruptive. Removing majority of the explanatory sentences in the lead and inserting unrelated information about Don Elkins in history are not necessary. Not to mention original research (disembodied) and POV issues (macrocosmic etc.). Unfortunately, there is no way to save your contribution without reverting it back completely. If you had discussed the issues you would like to edit first in articles's talk page, may be we could reach an understanding.
- My edit is not disruptive. Instead, I removed obscure information from the lead which does not fit the purpose of a Lead paragraph. This information should be in the body of the text. People reading about Ra for the first time do not need such dense and frankly confusing information. The Lead is the overview of the subject. Referencing is, of course, important; however, referencing does not necessitate relevance, and some of the referenced material is not relevant to the Lead.
- Your claim that "macrocosmic" is OR is justified. However, I think it's quite clear that the material is speaking of things which fall into the realm of metaphysics. That's not an opinion: clicking the piped link will explain what metaphysics means, and the article should explain the Ra material's metaphysical nature.
- Your request to use the talk page is fine. However, one should be bold. Nobody owns an article, and whether or not you or I know all there is to know about this subject is irrelevant; it is not expressed on this page and that is a problem. Frankly, this article is sloppy. It's long-winded, uninformative, has an obscene amount of notes and suffers from repetition of unhelpful, redundant phrases such as "According to the text" which are only awkward attempts to avoid POV. Articles are not guarded, and I do not need to petition anyone in order to edit it. I want to avoid an edit war, and I'm sure your revision was done in good faith, but you should know that you are not a guardian (forgive the pun) of this article. I can see that you've added a lot to this article. Well done. However, I can also see that you have been cautioned previously for your revisions on this page. Try to be open to new changes. --Adasta 10:14, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
The WikiProject Novels Newsletter - July 2009
The July 2009 issue of the Novels WikiProject newsletter has been published. You may read the newsletter, change the format in which future issues will be delivered to you, or unsubscribe from this notification by following the link. Thank you. Alan16(talk)
Hi! You would be glad to know that a new wikipedia ad has been created to encourage users to join Chronicles of Narnia Task Force. You can display that ad on your user/talk page too using the following code:
|Wikipedia ads||file info – #190|
WikiProject Novels - August 2009 Newsletter
The August 2009 issue of the Novels WikiProject newsletter has been published. You may read the newsletter, change the format in which future issues will be delivered to you, or unsubscribe from this notification by following the link. Thank you. Alan16 (talk) 17:21, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
License tagging for File:Achristianturnedturk johnward.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Achristianturnedturk johnward.jpg. You don't seem to have indicated the license status of the image. Wikipedia uses a set of image copyright tags to indicate this information; to add a tag to the image, select the appropriate tag from this list, click on this link, then click "Edit this page" and add the tag to the image's description. If there doesn't seem to be a suitable tag, the image is probably not appropriate for use on Wikipedia.
For help in choosing the correct tag, or for any other questions, leave a message on Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. Thank you for your cooperation. --ImageTaggingBot (talk) 19:05, 28 August 2010 (UTC)
WikiProject Novels Collaboration for February
Thank you everyone who participated in the January Collaboration, it was quite a success with 5 new C class articles, 3 stub kills and several articles were removed from our backlogs. In support of the Great Backlog Drive, the WikiProject Novels Collaboration for February is going to help remove backlog candidates in the backlogs related to WikiProject Novels. Please join us, and help us wikify, reference, clean up plot sections and generally improve Novels content, Sadads (talk) 22:33, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
You are recieving this message because you are a member of WikiProject Novels according to Wikipedia:WikiProject Novels/Members
Files missing description details
are missing a description and/or other details on their image description pages. If possible, please add this information. This will help other editors make better use of the images, and they will be more informative to readers.
If the information is not provided, the images may eventually be proposed for deletion, a situation which is not desirable, and which can easily be avoided.If you have any questions, please see Help:Image page. Thank you. Theo's Little Bot (error?) 01:28, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:44, 23 November 2015 (UTC)