The user is not very active now, and may not respond swiftly to queries.
Revert of Food_studies#Research_questions edit
- the only explanation you give is "(Reverted 1 good faith edit by DadaNeem using STiki; opinion)"
- Hi DadaNeem, the word "opinion" was referring to yours. The article deals with food issue in general, not in particular. It is not dealing with any specific food item like meat or vegetables or fruits. Rather, it is a generalized handling of human foodstuff. So you can't say What are the ethics of eating meat?, because if you argue about meat, what about thousand other food items, some of them being more critical?
- On Wikipedia, we only accommodate well-sourced information, not personal opinion. I hope this answers your question. Thanks. -AsceticRosé 06:00, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
Hi AsceticRose. In your culture of eating it may seem like that, but having been a vegetarian for over 30 years I (and many others) understand that it's more than just a portion of the plate like "the ethics of eating potatoes/or what have you..." but very related to the ethics of eating that preceded my edit. The article ethics of eating meat has substantial food for thought/ research from such renowned scholars as Peter Singer (whose book The Ethics of What We Eat I have in my hand) and Jane Goodall.
- Hi DadaNeem, I see you are still missing the main point. Please look, the article does not name any specific food item, rather treat the issue of food in general. It is not about my culture or your culture; it is solely about the subject-matter of the article. We have to add content to any article keeping in mind what the article is supposed to cover, not what your personal experience is.
- Your saying that having been a vegetarian for over 30 years I (and many others)... indicates that you are trying to justify the article's content from your personal experience.
- Again, the main point which I already clearly said above is that the article deals with food issue in general, not in particular. If you try to add ethics of eating meat, how can you neglect ethics of eating milk, ethics of eating fish, ethics of eating wine, ethics of eating alcohol, ethics of eating vegetables and the thousands like that? -AsceticRosé 17:19, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
Firstly AsceticRose, I would prefer you preface your comments as your comments ie say "my main point" not "the main point" etc. We are discussing between equals; neither is the judge and jury. DadaNeem (talk) 20:29, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
|can you tell me why you think me as vandal. I want to know VlaudtheOctowhale (talk) 10:35, 27 July 2015 (UTC)|
- Hi VlaudtheOctowhale, when you talk about any edit, you should provide the diff. Anyway, I guess you are talking about this one.
- Regarding your question, the main point is that I did not thought you as vandal. The edit summary I provided was Reverted 1 edit by VlaudtheOctowhale using STiki; unexplained change. Reverting an editor's edit does not mean the editor was a vandal. You misinterpreted it. If you ask me why I reverted it, the answer is you did not provide any edit summary describing your change. So it would be hard for anyone to accept such ambiguous addition. Again, your content was not consistent with the existing content.
- I see you are writing about Podocheong, but you are not providing any English reliable source in support of your content, neither in Podocheong nor in Joseon.
- Your message came to me as a little bit confusing. If you have objection, you are not supposed to provide an WikiLove message. Thanks. -AsceticRosé 16:01, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello AsceticRosé, I hope you are fine. Very happy that our efforts at Hijrah seem to have worked out. I discovered that there seem to be a lot of articles related to Karaism which have basically lifted word for word large chunks from the Encyclopedia Judaica. Is that allowed? Bulgarios (talk) 10:05, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Bulgarios, sorry for late response. I as not active on Wikipedia. Word for word copy and pasting is not allowed. However, I am neither knowledgeable about Karaism nor interested in it. Why are you interested in it? -AsceticRosé 13:41, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
- If the word for word texts are copyrighted materials, they can be removed because Wikipedia takes copyright issue very seriously. See Wikipedia:Copyright violations. The best way to deal with such issue is to read the materials in those encyclopedias/sources and then paraphrase them in Wikipedia articles e.g. rewording is needed. Then, you can cite those encyclopedias as references. You can use Google books to gather more information and sources. Thanks. -AsceticRosé 14:34, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
complaint: you undid my last post to Chhuckmuck(Orphan) and I wish you to undo it. The acknowledgements will be simplified once the page comes out of Orphan categoryStone Routes (talk) 17:12, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|I just stumbled upon your userpage. It reminded me of something that I distanced myself from. May peace be upon you. Faiz7412 (talk) 17:24, 12 August 2015 (UTC)|
- Hi Stone Routes, such acknowledgement page is not within the scope of an encyclopedia. Wikipedia can not have such a page. See Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not. Thanks. -AsceticRosé 03:12, 13 August 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Good Humor!|
|Hello AsceticRose. Recently you have signed my guestbook! Thank you very much for signing my guestbook. Cheers.--Pratyya (Hello!) 13:43, 18 August 2015 (UTC)|
RfC on a RfC in Islamic views on slavery
Am planning a formal RfC on dispute on ISIS in Islamic views on slavery and am soliciting opinions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Islamic_views_on_slavery#Update_on_dispute_on_ISIS_and_jihadist_section --BoogaLouie (talk) 17:49, 18 August 2015 (UTC)