- 22 December 609 CE, Muhammad recites a chapter of the Quran for the first time after angel Gabriel, according to Islamic tradition, reveals surah Al-Alaq in the cave of Hira.
- 610 CE, Muhammad receives the second revelation with surah Al-Muddathir.
- 622 CE Al-Baqara The first surah after the hijra is revealed.
- 624 CE Al-Anfal is revealed mentioning the battle of Badr.
- 632 CE surah Al-Ma'ida is revealed, the last sura.[better source needed]
- 653 CE The Quran is canonized by Uthman ibn Affan
- 657 CE; pages of the Quran are wrapped around swords by Muawiyahs forces during the Battle of Siffin
- 661 CE - 671 CE: the estimated radiocarbon dating of the oldest surviving copy of the Quran, the Sana'a manuscript
- 859 CE, the oldest quranic school (madrasah) in University of al-Karaouine is built
- 883 CE; the oldest surviving major tafsir collection was completed, namely Tafsir al-Tabari
- 884 CE; the first complete translation of the Quran into a foreign language
- 1609 CE Quranic calligraphy for the Taj Mahal is created by Abdul Haq, aka Amanat Khan
- 1649 CE; the first known translation of the Quran into the English language by Alexander Ross, chaplain to King Charles I.
Some modern scientific methods discussed in "Nassourou, Mohamadou (2013), 'The Qurʾanic verses : history, computer-supported reconstruction of the order of revelation, examining the concept of abrogation', AVM - Akademische Verlagsgemeinschaft, Munich, Germany, ISBN 978-3869244754" have also been used to reconstruct the entire chronology of the Quranic verses.
- When The Moon Split - Page 35
- Encyclopedia of World Religion, Johannes P. Schadé - 2006
- Saddam's Word : The Political Discourse in Iraq: 1998 Page 189
- 110. Surah An Nasr (The Help) - Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi
- Does archaeology support the Qur'an? [IsaAlMasih.net]
- Sadeghi, Behnam; Bergmann, Uwe (1 January 2010). "The Codex of a Companion of the Prophet and the Qurān of the Prophet". Arabica 57 (4): 343–436
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2013-05-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "From scholarship, sailors and sects to the mills and the mosques". The Guardian (Guardian News and Media Limited). 2002-06-18
|This article related to the Quran is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|