|Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.|
|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
|This is Drm310's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Drm310.|
- 1 August 2015
- 2 Liaoning University
- 3 Violations of account
- 4 Please do not...
- 5 User page
- 6 Deleted Hupy and Abraham, S.C. page
- 7 Jeremy C. Southgate and Sound Spark Studios
- 8 Iranian American Wrestling Association (IAWA)
- 9 Username
- 10 Speedy deletion declined: User:Pegasus imports/sandbox
- 11 Strongly Discouraged
- 12 Fundus Photography Page
- 13 Creating Wolfgang Wild page
- 14 Multiple accounts
- 15 Thunder Bay Press
- 16 VS Media
- 17 Removing the external links, Birthing chair page, Marketing Birthsparks
- 18 Thank for delete Zhengan Chen
- 19 ArbCom elections are now open!
Once again I repeat my two previous comments as nothing new has been added here or to the contrary of those two statements. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:18, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
- Well, it would help if I knew who you were and what you were talking about. Looking at your only other edit, you were commenting on the username warning for the user PandaJohnson. For now, I will assume that you are the same person.
- The only reason I edited that talk page was to keep the comments in chronological order. You inserted yours in the middle of the previous message. Any further discussion should be kept on that page. Anything said here will not affect the outcome of the discussion or the actions that result from it. --Drm310 (talk) 20:24, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Alexf: Replacing the official website link with a link to the attack site  seemed defamatory to me, although perhaps it's more just a case of vandalism. --Drm310 (talk) 15:00, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
Violations of account
I have received two messages regarding violation of my wiki account.I was looking forward to putting wiki content about my company in a similar way Google,Yahoo and other companies have done. You probably have to guide me on the procedure.
- @126.96.36.199: I'm sorry, but because you're not logged in, I don't know what account to which you're referring. However, you should not be writing about your own company anyway. Please refer to Wikipedia's plain and simple conflict of interest guide and Wikipedia:FAQ/Organizations. --Drm310 (talk) 15:25, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
Please do not...
- @Prof Avi Gaming123: Please do not:
- Violate Wikipedia's username policy by using an account name that is named after your YouTube channel.
- Create pages to promote your site, which is one of the many things that Wikipedia is not for.
- Create pages about any topic where you have a conflict of interest, or not notable per Wikipedia's inclusion criteria.
- And FYI, I fully intend to keep nominating pages for deletion where and when the circumstances merit such action. --Drm310 (talk) 06:33, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Melcous: Not at all - in fact, I am grateful for your intervention. Thank you! --Drm310 (talk) 02:25, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Deleted Hupy and Abraham, S.C. page
I wanted to know why the Hupy and Abraham, S.C. wikipedia page was deleted. Other profiles that are similar (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_%26_Crouppen) are still up. Can you advise me on how to improve the page?
Also, do you have the formatted post as well?
- @Devoncarrots: Before I reply, there is a small procedural matter. When you add content to talk pages and Wikipedia pages that have open discussion (but never when editing articles), please be sure to sign your posts. There are two ways to do this. Either:
- Add four tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment; or
- With the cursor positioned at the end of your comment, click on the signature button ( or ) located above the edit window.
- This will automatically insert a signature with your username or IP address and the time you posted the comment. This information is necessary to allow other editors to easily see who wrote what and when.
- As to your question, the page was deleted by User:DGG because it did not adequately satisfy Wikipedia's notability guidelines for organizations and companies. Wikipedia is selective about the topics it includes, so the article must meet these criteria in order to be considered worthy of inclusion.
- For the example you cited - Brown & Crouppen - I'm not convinced that it meets the notability requirements either. I may end up nominating it for deletion as well.
- If you want to recover the article text you created, you can submit a request at Requests for undeletion. However, I would advise you to use the Articles for Creation process for any future attempts. This will allow uninvolved editors to review your proposed article and suggest changes before it gets posted to the main article space. Good luck. --Drm310 (talk) 16:47, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Jeremysouthgate: The processes of speedy deletion and articles for deletion must run their course first. If an article is retained, then a user with administrator privileges (which incidentally, I do not have) will remove the deletion message. Until then, they must remain. --Drm310 (talk) 00:39, 17 September 2015 (UTC)
Iranian American Wrestling Association (IAWA)
Dear administrator Dm310, Thanks for your comments on our page
I'd like to contest deletion of our page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_American_Wrestling_Association_(IAWA). This article should not be deleted because this page was not and is not intended to be created as a means of advertisement, since a nonprofit organization would not benefit from any advertisements. We are neither advertising a person nor any products or even organizations. We are new to the wikipedia, and that is probably why our page was tried to be deleted by you or the administrator. Please give us time to fix and improve the page. Any information or guidance on how to prevent the deletion of the page would be much appreciated.)
- @Fkhorasani: First, let me clarify that I am not an administrator. I am a longtime volunteer editor with some experience with Wikipedia policies. I did not nominate your page for deletion, nor do I have any powers to delete it.
- You will have to make your case against the deletion (as you appear to have already done) at Talk:Iranian American Wrestling Association (IAWA). The reviewing administrator will consider your statements before making a decision. Anything you say on my talk page will not affect the discussion there, nor the actions that result from it.
- I'll try to explain why your edits so far have been problematic:
- The nominator felt that your organization did not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for organizations. Organizations must meet these criteria to be considered worthy of inclusion. Notability is established by significant coverage in reliable sources that are not affiliated with the organization.
- In terms of notability, Wikipedia makes no distinction between for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations. The criteria applies equally to both.
- Writing about your own organization is a conflict of interest. This is highly discouraged because of the difficulty you will have writing about your organization objectively and using only information from third-party sources, and not primary sources like your own organization's website or your own personal knowledge.
- Hopefully this clears up some of the issues surrounding your article. I wish you luck. --Drm310 (talk) 06:01, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
I just want to say, i register everything in my Company's name which is Cape Web Solutions. Its easy to remember if i am on the road and want to log in fast. I think i'm go to de-register myself because this username issue policy is kind of childish
- This is a long-standing policy, recently debated and re-confirmed. You are welcome to dispute it at Wikipedia talk:Username policy if you disagree. --Drm310 (talk) 22:56, 3 October 2015 (UTC)
Speedy deletion declined: User:Pegasus imports/sandbox
Hello Drm310. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of User:Pegasus imports/sandbox, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: Not unambiguously promotional. Thank you. Courcelles (talk) 16:38, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
- @Courcelles: Very well, however I am sure that this user will be blocked for WP:CORPNAME. --Drm310 (talk) 16:45, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oops. Hit the wrong button. No more admin intervention through boring speeches on an iPad. Deleting Courcelles (talk) 17:05, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
Why don't you guys say it is "Prohibited" instead of keep on saying Strongly Discouraged? If it is discouraged, it still means it is allowed... And for the "if and when" notable, just do a little research... — Preceding unsigned comment added by Klausenrique (talk • contribs) 19:11, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
Fundus Photography Page
My apologies, I am new to this, so I have since reviewed the other vendor links, which to other Wikipedia pages about the manufacturer. So if Optomed had a page about their company would this be ok ?
- @Arosystems: Perhaps yes, but it should not come from you since you represent the company and its products. This is a conflict of interest, so you should not directly edit topics relating to your or your company, for reasons explained at Wikipedia:FAQ/Organizations and the plain and simple conflict of interest guide.
- There is a more immediate problem, however. Your username is that of the company, which violates Wikipedia's username policy. Accounts cannot be named after businesses or organizations; they can only represent a single individual. You will be required to change your username or your account will be blocked from editing. --Drm310 (talk) 01:28, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Drm310,
Creating Wolfgang Wild page
Hi there! Thank you for your note to me. I created the "Wolfgang Wild" page because I have changed my name by deed poll, and wanted to create a redirect from the existing page - "Chris Wild" - that has been created about me. I copied the text from the existing page - I was going to create, I think it is, a blank-and-redirect. Thanks Wolfgang — Preceding unsigned comment added by WolfgangWild (talk • contribs) 17:45, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
- @WolfgangWild: I have proposed a course of action on Talk:Chris Wild. Please be aware that we advise people not to edit articles about themselves except in a few clear-cut exceptions. In the future, propose changes on the article talk page, and an uninvolved editor will review your request. Thanks. --Drm310 (talk) 18:08, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
- Sure! That makes total sense - thank you!
- (and thanks for the comment on signing, will be sure to do that)
I was trying to delete this account because I kept getting tagged as an autobiography when simply I'm just a fan so I thought maybe the user name was confusing. If I could please have this account deleted or disabled.ArezCobain (talk) 22:03, 21 October 2015 (UTC)
- @ArezCobain:@GodOfWar88: Fair enough. If you simply abandon the ArezCobain account and do not use it again, then there shouldn't be a problem. Just so you're aware, you shouldn't use the name of another real person that isn't you. Per Wikipedia's username policy, those accounts are routinely blocked to prevent damaging impersonation. Just use the GodOfWar88 account for future edits. Thanks. --Drm310 (talk) 23:29, 21 October 2015 (UTC)
Thunder Bay Press
I recently made some changes to the Thunder Bay Press page, but my changes were reverted. The changes I was trying to make are factual changes.
The parent company is Readerlink, not Baker & Taylor. Readerlink bought Thunder Bay and the other publishing operations that were previous owned by Baker & Taylor back in February 2015.Here is a press release to back up this statement: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/industry-deals/article/65674-readerlink-buys-b-t-publishing-marketing-units.html
Also, Thunder Bay has changed their publishing program and is no longer creating the same sort of books they were in the past. They are no longer publishing into the Then and Now series and are now largely focusing on craft and activity subjects. Here is the publisher bio from the publisher website to back this up: http://thunderbaybooks.com/pages/about_general_info.aspx
- @Tbptbp: That might be true, but you gave no source in your edit, unlike here. As well, I am concerned that you refer to the first link you gave as a "press release". Press releases are self-published sources, which are not considered reliable sources because they lack independent reviewers (those without a conflict of interest). I this is written by a staff writer at a trade publication, then I'd say it's OK. I found another mention of it here: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/readerlink-acquires-baker-taylor-arms. This appears to be a trade publication.
- However, the more serious problem with your submissions is that the text you put it was copied word-for-word from http://www.thunderbaybooks.com/pages/about_general_info.aspx, which is copyrighted text. You cannot post copyrighted material on Wikipedia; not someone else's, and not even your own if you are the copyright holder. In short, a copyright owner cannot offer Wikipedia a one-time license for use. Rather, the copyright to the material has to be released – permanently and irrevocably – into the public domain or under a free copyright license that is compatible with Wikipedia's licenses. This is because Wikipedia aims to be freely distributable and copyable by anyone, so all content must be licensed for that purpose. You can learn more about this policy at Wikipedia:Copyrights.
- Your username suggests that this account represents Thunder Bay Press. Accounts cannot be named after businesses as this violates Wikipedia's username policy. You will need to change your username or your account will be blocked on those grounds.
I sincerely hope that you could share why this page should be deleted other than all the existing MCN wiki pages, I am willing to do amendment to fulfill the requirement but first I need to know which part I need to correct, thank you. I have made certain editing to avoid possible promotional elements. Thanks.-Patrickyu2014 (talk) 02:24, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Patrickyu2014: A company must be notable to be considered worthy of inclusion. When I nominated it for deletion, the only references were to social media sites. These are by definition self-published sources - user-generated content with no editorial oversight. They cannot be accepted as sources to establish the company's notability.
- If you want to present an opposing point of view to the deletion, you need to do so at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/VS Media. I see you mistakenly put a response on Wikipedia talk:Articles for deletion/VS Media - I have moved it over to the correct location. Please put any future posts there... posts you put anywhere else will not affect the debate or the actions that result from it. Thanks. --Drm310 (talk) 04:35, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
You sent me a message of removing the external link that was added by me on a Birthing Chair page. The link I have inserted was leading to the official page of the CUB support which is the latest innovative invention in birthing chairs. I work in this business so I would not misuse our webpage address by placing it in the irrelevant context. Could you please check out the site www.cub-support.com? I will be hoping that the link can be restored as it is a way of informing more mothers on the better birth experiences.
- @Marketing Birthsparks: There is a commercial motivation behind your addition, as it's intended drive traffic to that website. Per WP:ADV, this is not permitted.
- If this type of birthing chair is notable, it must be supported by citations to reliable sources that are independent of any business or organization with a commercial interest in them.
- Your username also violates Wikipedia's username policy. Accounts cannot be named after businesses or posts within them. You will have to request a change of username or your account will be blocked on those grounds. --Drm310 (talk) 15:43, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
Thank for delete Zhengan Chen
I'm very sorry about that, my little brother did this, I changed my password. And thank for chat me, my email is email@example.com
Zhengan--Zhengan Chen (talk) 02:08, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:17, 23 November 2015 (UTC)