Talk page archives.
- Hello and welcome to my talk page! Click the + button at the top of the page to create a new discussion or use any of the "edit" buttons to contribute to an already existing discussion.
- Postings made in the form of haiku will be given first priority.
Palestine-Israel articles 3 arbitration case opened
You were recently listed as a party to a request for arbitration. The Arbitration Committee has accepted that request for arbitration and an arbitration case has been opened at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Palestine-Israel articles 3. Evidence that you wish the arbitrators to consider should be added to the evidence subpage, at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Palestine-Israel articles 3/Evidence. Please add your evidence by September 8, 2015, which is when the evidence phase closes. You can also contribute to the case workshop subpage, Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Palestine-Israel articles 3/Workshop. For a guide to the arbitration process, see Wikipedia:Arbitration/Guide to arbitration. For the Arbitration Committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:43, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
- I don't feel I am qualified to give an opinion at this time. I am familiarizing myself with the topic as we speak. I will be observing the case. Chillum 22:57, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
Heyo. I don't want to add more threaded discussion to a discussion about threaded discussion, so I thought that I might reply to you directly, here. I think that it's clear to most people that the tenor of this particular RFA was going off the rails. I think that I drawing an unambiguous line (all threaded discussion moved to the talk page) is an effective way to address the acute problem without offending editors too much. I understand that refactoring discussion is always a sensitive topic, and that this "everybody out of the pool" approach may rub some people the wrong way.
I do stand by my edit. I think that the before and after permalinks speak for themselves, but of course will not be upset if you think it best to revert.
I also thank you for pointing out my error with the vanishing statement of support. I check and triple-check these things, and still foul it up.
Best, HiDrNick! 15:51, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- I agree that the arguments about if it is reasonable to discuss people's opinions is a bit off topic. I do see the logic of clearing it all to the talk page so as to use objective criteria. Not what I would have done but a reasonable move I suppose.
- However the execution leaves a bit to be desired. I see that this post was removed by your edit but does not seem represented on the talk page.
- I have not checked for more missing comments but I think you need to go back over your edit and audit it to catch any other mistakes. Chillum 17:06, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- @HiDrNick: I am pinging to make sure you see this reply. Chillum 17:07, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
Talk:Nikola Tesla out of control
How do we go about getting a protection order for Nikola Tesla? I'd be glad to initiate it, I just don't know how. And until it is granted, can we get this new sock User:2001:41D0:8:B330:0:0:0:1 blocked? If he isn't Asdisis's sock, he's his twin brother. He is posting about nationality on the Talk page in violation of the June RfD, he just blew past 3RR, he is obviously out for payback. We don't have to launch an ANI or sockpuppet invesigation do we? Should I just ask an administrator to get involved? I understand if you can't act yourself because of conflict of interest. I'd be glad to, but I just haven't done this before, don't know how much evidence is needed. Thanks. --ChetvornoTALK 23:01, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
- I think we finally got some administrative attention. Chillum 23:43, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
Mass Killings under capitalist regimes
- I suppose you mean Mass killings in capitalist regimes, which was recreated under a different name to bypass the previous salting. I just deleted and salted. Per usual, the Reddit discussion is about personal political feelings, not Wikipedia policy. WP:REFUND is always available if someone wants to recreate a NPOV version that complies with policy. Dennis Brown - 2¢ 09:03, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia policy obviously being the deletion and "salting" of anything that offends your political sensibilities, regardless of whether or not it is historical fact that is perfectly valid as an article. You're a shameless ideologue, so there's no reason for you to stand behind "policy" for the deletion of something that has every right to exist on this site. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:17, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- If you disagree with Chillum's action, you won't achieve anything by stamping your feet here. WP:REFUND is available to anyone who wants an independent review of a deletion decision. Gamaliel (talk) 12:32, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- Hello anonymous person. The discussion that resulted in us deciding not to host this article is here: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Mass killings under capitalist regimes (2nd nomination). Unless you can change the community's mind about this then we are not going to host it no matter how many time you put it here. Chillum 15:55, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
Boomerang, or not?
At edit war noticeboard
Bold admin needed
- Sun is not yet up.
- Breakfast and coffee await.
- Admin need sleep, too. ;)
- What a nice thing to wake up to. I do try to avoid throwing curved sticks with strange trajectories before I have had my coffee. I will take a look later. Chillum 15:54, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
Ah, third from the top
Bad filing games 'pedia
Galaxy spins on
- While I appreciate the poetic form, I don't think I am going to take any action in this case. Chillum 22:52, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
You're Incorrect about One Thing
You're incorrect about the reason ("you just had a review") you ended our conversation. The review NeilN linked was from July, 2014. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Chillum/Archive_65. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:35, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- Given how adamant the community was at the time I think it is not going to go any different if done again now. Another admin may feel differently but I am not going to do anything. Chillum 22:27, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- Ya, that mob is the community. It is not my place to override the decision of the community, I think you will find all admins have the same mandate. Chillum 22:48, 1 September 2015 (UTC)