User talk:Pharos/Golden Age of Musical Theatre
- 1 File:Pope Elhanan.jpg listed for deletion
- 2 Featured Sounds
- 3 WikiXDC: Wikipedia 10th Birthday!
- 4 Possible article locks needed during dispute
- 5 Geonotice for Boulder wp10?
- 6 Wikipedia talk:Meetup/NYC/Wikipedia Day Open Space Tutorial
- 7 Nomination for deletion of Template:Enphon
- 8 Thanks for the geonotice for the Minnesota meet-up
- 9 Shirt
- 10 August 2010 meeting
- 11 Wikipedia Ambassador Program Newsletter: 28 January 2011
- 12 Off-Broadway?
- 13 Brooklyn Museum pic
- 14 Wikipedia Ambassador Program Newsletter: 13 February 2011
- 15 Is this editor out of line?
- 16 Categories for discussion nomination of Category:Sheep wool
- 17 Wikimania 2012 bid, DC chapter & next meetup!
- 18 Wikipedia NYC page and Spanish
- 19 Wikipedia Takes Boston
- 20 Wikipedia Ambassador Program Newsletter: 21 March 2011
File:Pope Elhanan.jpg listed for deletion
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:Pope Elhanan.jpg, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. Kelly hi! 06:21, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
Hello there. I am aiming to revitalize FS, and have two things I'd like to ask you. First of all, I have been unable to track down the archives for FSCs from before 2007. Since the count at the top of the portal appears to be wrong, I am redoing it manually, and need to get a hold of the archives for the first two years of the project's existence, if possible. Second, if you have any advice for me, I'd be happy to hear it. Thank you, Sven Manguard Wha? 20:24, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- P.S. Check out the signpost for the week of January 3, 2011. :D
WikiXDC: Wikipedia 10th Birthday!
- Date: January 22, 2011 (tentatively 9:30 AM - 5 PM)
- Location: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), downtown building, Pennsylvania Avenue & 7th St NW.
- Description: There will be a behind-the-scenes tour of the National Archives and you will learn more about what NARA does. We will also have a mini-film screening featuring FedFlix videos along with a special message from Jimmy Wales. In the afternoon, there will be lightning talks by Wikimedians (signup to speak), wiki-trivia, and cupcakes to celebrate!
- Details & RSVP: Details about the event are on our Washington, DC tenwiki page.
Please RSVP soon as possible, as there likely will be a cap on number of attendees that NARA can accommodate.
Possible article locks needed during dispute
Hi. There's a dispute over the use of district representation templates in articles on NJ cities, in particular those of Hudson County. A 2009 discussion seemed to resolve, with a compromise, the use of limited information on districts to which a given city belongs. (See the proposed and supported version of the information at the bottom of that linked discussion.) Recently, however, some editors have been restoring the templates, which causes two or three paragraphs worth of material to appear in articles on cities, material that is solely about those districts, and not about the city in question. The editors doing this have started a new discussion on the Hudson County project, though some don't wish it to be brought to the NJ project, where it was previously discussed. The main argument put forward by those favoring re-adding those templates is that the articles on Hudson County are the only ones not using them, and that they should be consistent with the articles of other NJ counties, and that the use of the templates in those other articles represents evidence of a "change to consensus" since the 2009 discussion. What I discovered when looking through the articles on one of those counties--Atlantic County--is that the templates are only there because they were added by the very editor who is making this argument, and four years pior to that discussion.
That's the background. The specific reason I'm contacting you is that User:Djflem is reverting the Weehawken article. I've tried explaining to him that reverting during a consensus discussion is inappropriate. He acknowledges this, but has continued to revert, arguing on that article's talk page that my reverts violate the same principle. I have responded that in some instances, like when reverting unambiguous vandalism, policy violations, or contradictions of consensus, do not constitute the same violation, since the prior consensus was clear.
Since I am involved in this dispute, I think it would be appropriate for another admin to revert his last revert, admonish him yet again, and lock down the Weehawken article, and possible all the articles on Hudson County cities: Union City, North Bergen, West New York, Jersey City, East Newark, Hoboken, Secaucus, Guttenberg, Kearny and Harrison. If you agree that this is appropriate, can you do so? And if you do not agree that it's appropriate, can you please let me know? Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 21:21, 9 January 2011 (UTC)
Geonotice for Boulder wp10?
Thanks for being so active on the Geonotice updates. I see you just added some parties, but didn't include Wikipedia:Geonotice#tenwiki:Boulder.2C_Colorado's party this Saturday. Can you add our's also? ☺ ★NealMcB★ (talk) 14:51, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
Wikipedia talk:Meetup/NYC/Wikipedia Day Open Space Tutorial
I need a talk page for my Open Space Tutorial on inline citations. I could place it on my own user talk page, or I have been thinking of making it a sub-page of Wikipedia talk:Meetup/NYC/Wikipedia Day if that would be appropriate. I am looking forward to this meetup, and I am disappointed that we don't have more Open Space sign-ups in advance. My contributions to the earlier meet-up were entirely extemporaneous, but for this one I will be prepared with materials and advanced work on particular NYC articles. So, where should the sub-page (not long) go? --DThomsen8 (talk) 15:11, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
- No reply from you means I will put the talk page I need as a subpage as I said above. See you on Saturday morning! --DThomsen8 (talk) 21:06, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
Template:Enphon has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. Mhiji 22:07, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the geonotice for the Minnesota meet-up
August 2010 meeting
Long time no see :)
I was looking back for the Aug 28/29 2010 meeting notes (at NYU) and I don't see it? I thought it would be on the "Past Meetups" list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC
Wikipedia Ambassador Program Newsletter: 28 January 2011
Brooklyn Museum pic
Do you have a contact at the Brooklyn Museum? I would like to use this pic from their online collection in an article, but it is not one of those they have released to Commons. Thanks, Johnbod (talk) 16:10, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
Wikipedia Ambassador Program Newsletter: 13 February 2011
Is this editor out of line?
<<== Inappropriate edits ==
Categories for discussion nomination of Category:Sheep wool
Category:Sheep wool, which you created, has been nominated for deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. -- Alan Liefting (talk) - 20:36, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
Wikimania 2012 bid, DC chapter & next meetup!
- At WikiXDC in January, User:Harej proposed that DC submit a bid to host Wikimania 2012. A bid and organizing committee is being formed and seeks additional volunteers to help. Please look at our bid page and sign up if you want to help out. You can also signup for the bid team's email list.
- To support the Wikimania bid, more events like WikiXDC, and outreach activities like collaborations with the Smithsonian (ongoing) and National Archives, there also has been discussion of forming Wikimedia DC, as an official Wikimedia chapter. You can express interest and contribute to chapter discussions on the Wikimedia DC Meta-Wiki pages.
- To discuss all this and meet up with special guest, Dutch Wikipedian User:Kim Bruning, there will be a meetup, Wikipedia:Meetup/DC 16 this Tuesday at 7pm, at Capitol City Brewery, Metro Center. There will be a pre-meetup Wikimania team meeting at 6pm at the same location.
Apologies for the short notice for this meetup, but let's discuss when, where & what for DC Meetup #17. Also, if you haven't yet, please join wikimedia-dc mailing list to stay informed. Cheers, User:Aude (talk)
Wikipedia NYC page and Spanish
Hi! I wonder if any members of Wikimedia NYC have considered maintaining a limited amount of information on the chapter in Spanish and/or listing (a) contact(s) who is/are fluent in Spanish. From my understanding Spanish is spoken by a large portion of New Yorkers. Of the other languages spoken in NYC, Spanish is the most widely spoken at home: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/nycdata/chapter01_files/sheet011.htm WhisperToMe (talk) 23:34, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
Wikipedia Takes Boston
Hi there. I'm in the initial phases of organizing a photo scavenger hunt in Boston and saw http://toolserver.org/~contests/startahunt.php. Could I have an account there? Please let me know any information that would be helpful, and thanks! Emw (talk) 01:22, 16 March 2011 (UTC)
Wikipedia Ambassador Program Newsletter: 21 March 2011