|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Portal:India Selected Article
- 2 Thanks for Choosing Belgrade
- 3 RFA Thanks
- 4 Ben Gibbard Picture
- 5 Copyright of Image:Bw mm2.jpg
- 6 Re: Image copyright problem with File:Commuters Reading Newspapers.jpg
- 7 Yet another image query!
- 8 Copyright of an image
- 9 Proud of yourself?
- 10 Hindi Wiki
- 11 Invitation and Recommendations for writing articles on Hindi Wikipedia
- 12 Copyrights
- 13 Possibly unfree Image:Mtwashingtoninclinestation.jpg
- 14 Economy of India FAR
- 15 August Esperanza Newsletter
- 16 Happy Birthday!!
- 17 Re: copyright problem with Image:Omolu.jpg
- 18 Image:New York state flag.png listed for deletion
- 19 Davenport Picture
- 20 Rounding of FA proportion
- 21 Format
- 22 John Chris Jones Image
- 23 Lok Sabha bios
- 24 Barnstar
- 25 thanks!
- 26 RfA
- 27 September Esperanza Newsletter
- 28 Image tagging for Image:Zakir_hussain.jpg
- 29 PLS help me
- 30 Barnstar
- 31 Cleanup
- 32 Active in adding negative comments
- 33 Its on Mani and Chidambara
- 34 Your edit to Tamil Nadu state assembly election, 2006
- 35 Color templates
- 36 How about this
- 37 Your new pages
Portal:India Selected Article
Hi, User:Ganeshk told me you were in charge of deciding which article should be selected on the India Portal. I was pretty surprised to see Graffiti, Mozilla Firefox and Dinosaur on the India Portal as Selected Articles. I checked out the SA for future days and saw that As of May 4 the selected article will be a bit more India related. But I wonder the need to add Graffiti on the Indian portal (in which I did a quick Find and couldn't find mention of India) when there are perfectly good articles like Indian cricket team and Satyajit Ray in the SAC list. I hope this can be fixed so that Mozilla Firefox and Dinosaur do not appear in the Portal. Thanks. Nobleeagle (Talk) 05:57, 1 May 2006 (UTC)
- As a matter of fact, there are many articles in the list that are not related to India, rather universal. Also, there are some articles that, though related to India, do not meet the critera for India SA. I have nominated 2 such articles as SA removal candidates. IMO, their selection as SA in the first place seems to be biased in the sense that the topic, rather than the SA criteria, were given more importance. Please see and comment. This SA list needs urgent attention. Regards.--Dwaipayan (talk) 14:03, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for Choosing Belgrade
Thank you for supporting my RFA. --Ezeu 08:52, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
Ben Gibbard Picture
I took that photo of Ben Gibbard. What do I need to change about the copyright?
- Since Shyam is on wikivacation, I've responding to this question on User talk:Wfresch. ×Meegs 08:51, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
Copyright of Image:Bw mm2.jpg
Hi Shyam. I'm curious, how did you arrive at the CC-SA license for Image:Bw mm2.jpg? Did you speak to the uploader, User:Jox, or the source site's administrator offsite? Enjoy your vacation. ×Meegs 08:10, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
Re: Image copyright problem with File:Commuters Reading Newspapers.jpg
Shyam - Thanks for your message to me regarding the image File:Commuters Reading Newspapers.jpg. You suggested it had a copyright problem. I was unaware of this; I made extensive efforts to recieve the photographer's permisson to post it on Wikipedia under a creative commons license and made sure to indicate this when I uploaded it. I'm unclear what the problem is. It appears the image was deleted unnecessarily. Wv235 01:05, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
Yet another image query!
(Here's another one, Shyam - sorry!) I want to use an image from a particular website, so I emailed the webmaster asking for permission and explaining what it was for. However, he hasn't replied - if I can't get in contact with him, what should I do next? Jaycey 21:24, 8 May 2006 (UTC)
Copyright of an image
right|350px I wonder if you could help me about a copyright issue. This is a carricature of Vidkun Quisling, first published in 1944 in Göteborgs Handels- och Sjöfartstidning. It widely known, and represents a significant historical value. Can it be published on Wikipedia? -- Heptor talk 21:14, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
- Note: Heptor later ask this and received an answer at Wikipedia:Media_copyright_questions#Image:Jeg_er_quisling_og_navnet_ragnvald_blix.GIF. ×Meegs 17:24, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
Proud of yourself?
Thank you for consistently deleting images that I upload, even when I place the tags which I think suit best and follow Wiki guidelines. I am one of only a handful of people working on articles about my country, the Dominican Republic, and trying to make a contribution of knowledge about my history to the world.
I wonder if you feel prouf of yourself for being the kind of person belonging to the large group of wannabes who work at destroying or criticizing what others create, surely because of total lack of creative talent on your part.
Have a nice life, and feel proud for dismotivating Wiki contribuitors. cuyaya 2006-06-02 12:06 UTC
I, one of the new sysops, have given a throughly new look to the main page of Hindi Wikipedia. Please see the Main page, and give me comments on my English user page en:User:Magicalsaumy. PS: I am now a passout from IITB, Chemical.
Invitation and Recommendations for writing articles on Hindi Wikipedia
Hindi wikipedia invites and welcomes Wikipedians to contribute for the cause of spreading knowledge and the Hindi language. This page contains guidelines for writing a wiki-article on any topic at the Hindi Wikipedia, with special recommendations for writing in Hindi (Note: The script/font-family for Hindi is Devanāgari; the script/font-system for English is Roman script, also, the Hindi spelling system is not completely standardized). This article is yet in English language (mostly), in order to encourage even non-native/foreign people who have learnt/are learning Hindi to contribute to the Hindi wikipedia, and native Hindi speakers who normally write in English. The examples given below are only for explanation.
- Firstly for proper viewing, it is recommended to keep all links NOT-UNDERLINED. Otherwise the मात्रा below the Hindi alphabets might get partly hidden behind the underlines. For this, please go to My Preferences (मेरी पसंद) at the top of the page, then click Misc., and then choose "underline links -> Never". Save your settings. Also, do not click yes for "justify paragraphs", otherwise on some browsers, the devanagari script will appear highly distorted.
- All users are requested and encouraged to contribute articles here, especially, to create new articles on general topics. They are also encouraged to expand the existing articles, and improve upon them. A non-user can also do the same; it is recommended but not required to register yourself as a wikipedian user at the Hindi wikipedia. As far as possible, each article should be written with a Neutral Point of View (NPOV)—no nationalistic or partiality or hatred based articles are welcome. The articles should be based on facts—and appropriate references should be provided as and where needed. See the English wiki's help page for editing in general. Almost all the general wiki-features are available for editing on Hindi wiki too. Guidelines for the content matter is mostly the same as given in English wiki.
- Since the Hindi wiki is at its initial stages, users are welcome to take introduction and basic points from the English (or another) wikipedia's corresponding article and translate them for small articles. An in-page link to the English wiki's article will be deemed sufficient for references (a template might be created stating this). For longer articles, it is recommended to mention the references separately.
- Since most computer users in India and elsewhere have the standard Western-type keyboard, it is best recommended (but not necessarily required) to use the virtual (software) keyboard like the one of Hindimozhi or of ISIS (Tavultesoft Keyman)—which are freewares. These are advantageous because the contemporary Hindi-speakers in India often write messages/chat using Hindi words but written in Roman (English) script, and the layout of these keyboards is quite the same that such people use. For example, using the "normal" keyboard with this software, typing ga would give ग and ghaa would give घा.
- Create the article with its name written in Hindi (devanagari script). Always take care to include the nukta (dot below) for foreign / Urdu loanwords wherever it occurs in the standard spelling. For non-Indian names, use that spelling (for article name and other words) which is commonly encountered in Hindi newspapers, G.K.-books, Hindi-dubbed TV documentaries and Hollywood films and magazines. e.g., America-अमरीका (या अमेरिका), China-चीन, French-फ़्रांसिसी. For English acronyms/short-forms, use the initials in Roman script, and again create a full form in Hindi and redirect it to the short form. e.g. IPA (अन्तर्राष्ट्रीय ध्वनि वर्णाक्षर); UNO (संयुक्त राष्ट्र संघ). Doing the opposite is also fine. But creating the article with the Hindi short form, as सं०रा०सं०, is not recommended. Also, the article proper must be written with the proper nukta, as फ़ारसी, and then, a non-nukta (mis-)spelt version फारसी should preferably be created to redirect to the correct spelling.
- Hindi wikipedia strongly recommends the users to write articles in everyday common Hindi in the खड़ीबोली dialect (Hindustani or Hindi-Urdu, i.e., बोलचाल वाली हिन्दी, which may include many loanwords from Persian and Arabic). The use of शुद्ध संस्कृतनिष्ठ हिन्दी is in general neither required nor recommended. E.g., use: वजह instead of कारण, ख़ास instead of विशेष, वगैरह instead of इत्यादि, लेकिन instead of परन्तु etc. However, for technical and specialized vocabulary, the use of शुद्ध संस्कृतनिष्ठ हिन्दी is recommended and usually mandatory. Thus: upper House of Parliament—संसद का उच्च सदन, but not Urdu—मजिलिस का ऐवान-ए-बाला ; Foreign Minister—विदेशमन्त्री, but not Urdu—वज़ीर-ए-ख़ारिजा ; knowledge/science—ज्ञान/विज्ञान, but not इल्म. Use spoken Hindi's ये and वो instead of यह and वह / वे. Do not use the title of respect जी after names, it is unencyclopedic. Thus: कृष्ण / श्री कृष्ण but not कृष्ण जी. Use the आप form and its corresponding 3rd person verbal conjugation for writing about respectable persons. Thus: श्री वाजपेयी मध्य प्रदेश में जन्मे थे. But not: वाजपेयी मध्य प्रदेश में जन्मा था. But do not use the pronoun "आप" itself in-text in biographies.
- English should be used sparingly, only when required; i.e., if the corresponding शुद्ध हिन्दी word is too "difficult and not generally encountered", or if it is a proper name of non-Indian person/place/terminology/title, or if the user is highly unsure of the proper translation. It is recommended (but not required) for English-to-Hindi translation while writing articles, the Shabdkosh online dictionary should be used. For each English word, that alternative should be used which is generally encountered in everyday spoken Hindi, and also fits well into the context. Use of intelligent guesses for newly encountered words is also allowed, and so are translations encountered in Hindi-dubbed TV documentaries, Hollywood films, Hindi-translated books, etc. e.g., दमपिशाच for en:Dementor (used in dubbed HP films).
- If used, it is recommended to use the English words within the articles using the English (Roman) alphabets rather than devanagari (or better, the devanagari transliteration should be used in the sentence, followed by the English word in Roman alphabet in parentheses). Such words should be italicized and not put in quotation marks. Preferably, there should be an in-page interwiki link (like :en:) on the word to the English wikipedia. If the word comes as an integral part of a sentence, so as not to break the continuity, the en: prefix should be hidden by writing the word again after the pipe sign (piped link). Thus, recommended:
हैरी पॉटर ने ''[[:en:Pensieve|Pensieve]]'' के अन्दर ''[[:en:Little Hangleton|Little Hangleton]]'' गाँव में लॉर्ड वोल्डेमॉर्ट की माँ ''[[:en:Merope Gaunt|Merope Gaunt]]'' को देखा. ''[[:en:Resplendent Quetzal|Resplendent Quetzal]]'' पक्षी के ऊपर एक मेक्सिकन पादरी डा० ''[[:en:Pablo de la Llave|Pablo de la Llave]]'' ने काफ़ी शोध किया था.Whence,
- Always start the first 1 or 2 lines of the article giving its definition (from any standard dictionary/other wiki) or suitable introduction. Thus, recommended: ललिता सहस्रनामन हिन्दू धर्मसुधारक आदि शंकराचार्य द्वारा रचित देवी दुर्गा को समर्पित एक पूजा-मन्त्र है, जिसे कई हिन्दू रोज़ श्रद्धा से जपते हैं । But not: ललिता सहस्रनामन मन्त्र जपने के लिये लड्डू-पेड़ा, ताम्बुल, सिन्दूर, लाल चुनरी के साथ नित्य इस मन्त्र का पाठ करें, तो जल्द ही गड़ा हुआ ख़जाना मिलेगा । Recommended: वैमानिक अभियान्त्रिकी (en:Aeronautical engineering) विमानों (en:Aircrafts) की अभिकल्पना, निर्माण और प्रचालन करने का विज्ञान, कला और कार्य है । (translated from Eng. Webster's New World Dictionary). But not: आजकल वैमानिक अभियान्त्रिकी के लिये देशभर में कई कॉलेज खुल गये हैं, जिनमें अग्रणी स्थान यूटोपिया स्थित लालू-यादव टेक्लिनक कॉलेज का है ।
- For names of countries, cities, places, languages, people, books, films, technical vocabulary, mythology, etc, start the article like this:
The name in bold ('''अपोलो''')
starting parenthesis, then English name in Roman script, in-page interwiki-linked to English wiki ff. by semicolon ((अंग्रेज़ी : [[:en:Apollo]];)
The native name(s) if applicable in the italicized native script, preferably followed either by its italicized approximate Hindi pronunciation or non-italicizedphonological transcription
within / /, ff. by closed parenthesis (यूनानी : ''Aπollων अपोल्लोन''))
the rest of the definition or introduction (प्राचीन [[यूनानी धर्म]] (ग्रीक धर्म) और प्राचीन [[रोमन धर्म]] के सर्वोच्च देवता थे ।)For country names, only the standard short form of the name is needed in the first line. If there is a common name for a difficult word in Hindustani, also mention it. Whence: अपोलो (अंग्रेज़ी : en:Apollo; यूनानी : Aπollων अपोल्लोन) प्राचीन यूनानी धर्म (ग्रीक धर्म) और प्राचीन रोमन धर्म के सर्वोच्च देवता थे । If you don't give the interwiki English/another language link (which would be deemed to be the default reference), then you MUST provide an appropriate reference.
- Please leave no article without an appropriate category. See the list of created categories here; you can also make a new category (pref. in Hindi). Please leave no article without at least ONE off page (like en:) interwiki link. E.g., the user can check the article name (say Apollo) on the finally redirected English page and append to the Hindi article (
[[en:Appolo]])). These interlanguage links will help a bot to update all interwiki links for that article in all wikipedias. The category and the aforementioned link should be typed at the end of the article. If the article is very small, mention it as a stub/substub.
- Use of templates is welcome. See the list of templates here. If creating a template, name it pref. in Hindi.
- Use पूर्णविराम ( । ) instead of a period (.) for ending statements. The पूर्णविराम, semicolon, colon and dash (but not comma) must come after one space after the word to prevent ambiguity. Use the international form of the Hindu-Arabic numerals (1,2,3 instead of १,२,३), as used by the Constitution and the Government of India (even for Hindi). There is no need to use the हलन्त at the end of Sanskrit words wherever it occurs. Hence, prefer: संसद over संसद्; अथर्वन over अथर्वन्. Use the proper quotation marks “” from the Insert toolbox, not "". Write dates as 2 मई 2006 (ईसवी or ईसापूर्व). Write time as 3:45 pm. Separate common suffix-words like शास्त्र, विज्ञान, ज्ञान with a hyphen. Thus: रसायन-शास्त्र. For most others, leave both the words of the noun-cluster free. Combine them into one word only if it is very common to do so. Thus: सामवेद.
- The use of ज़ for the en:voiced alveolar fricative (/z/, as in zoo, rose) is fundamentally wrong. Its nearest counterpart is the en:voiceless alveolar fricative /s/ (as in sea), and not Hindi ज (en:voiced palatal plosive). Hence, it is suggested and recommended that for the sound /z/, whether it comes in English (etc.) spellings (z) for while pronunciation otherwise, should be transcribed as स़ (स with a dot below, available in the Insert toolbox). Hence: Reason रीस़न, not रीज़न ; Roses रोस़ेस़, not रोज़ेज़. But common Hindi words borrowed from Persian/Arabic (so-called Urdu words) are allowed to continue with ज़ spelling. Thus: ज़रा, नज़र, तर्ज़. The en:voiced postalveolar fricative (/ʒ/ as in treasure), inexistent in Hindi, can similarly be transcribed with श़. Thus: treasure ट्रॅश़र. The nukta (dot) available in the Insert toolbox can be combined with various consonants to suggest a more exact phonetic devanagari rendering of foreign sounds. E.g., since phonetically, English Think and this are not equal to थिंक and दिस, a better transcription could be थ़िंक and द़िस. Please take care of the dot below in so-called Urdu words, otherwise the Hindi spelling is deemed incorrect.
- For the following English vowels met, mate, mat, transcribe as मॅट (short vowel), मेट (not मेइट), मैट (not मॅट, as popular in Marathi). However in contemporary Hindi and here, it is acceptable to use ए instead of ऍ. Thus: अमेरिका is more popular than अमॅरिका. For cot, coat, caught, transcribe as कॉट, कोट, कॉट (not कौट). Transcribe English /t/ and /d/ as ट and ड.
- Use half-न before त, थ, द, ध, न, instead of anuswaar अं. Use half-म before प, फ, ब, भ, म. Use the anuswaar before all the rest of the consonants (not half-ङ, ञ, ण). If the मात्रा is not above the alphabet, use chandra-bindu, but only for nasalization. Thus: अन्दर, not अंदर ; अन्त, not अंत ; हिन्दी, not हिंदी ; सम्भव, not संभव ; पंचमी, not पञ्चमी ; अंडा, not अण्डा ; कंठ, not कण्ठ ; लैंड, not लैण्ड ; आँख, not आंख. However, both forms are acceptable in contemporary Hindi as well as here; the prec. are just recommendations.
- When proceded by another vowel, use the pure vowels instead of य (unless the य is clearly articulated while pronouncing). Thus : जाएँ, not जायें (not जावें) ; आएगा, not आयेगा . However, both forms are acceptable in contemporary Hindi as well as here.
- Please pay careful attention to the masculine/feminine gender (and singular/plural) in adjectives and verbs, else the sentence becomes ungrammatical.
This page can also be found here.
Cygnus_hansa 02:33, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the input. Yes any kind of advice on copyright would be appreciated. All the pictures I put up in Wikipedia and Wikicommons are all taken by me. At the moment I'm putting them up on a variety of copyrights.
Could you advise me on which license is the best. I would like to still retain some copyright on my contributions but generally, I want to be freely used in the Wiki Foundation and well as the general public.
Secondly, what kind of information would you put in the photo e.g. give example. My information usually includes my username and brief description, nothing more. --SpaceMonkey 11:31, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
Possibly unfree Image:Mtwashingtoninclinestation.jpg
You have put me a message on my photo uploaded to wikipedia. This photo of the church in Ugartsthal that was taken from (Heimat im Bild - Heimatbuch der Galiziendeutschen Teil III) : redigiert von Josef Lanz und Rudolf Unterschütz. Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt (Herausgegeben vom Hilfskomitee für Galiziendeutsche) 1983, 3. Auflage 2002 that is mentioned at http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galizien
I would like to put to my article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugartsthal
I think this information is enough to allow me to publish the photo. Could you help me to publish it ? Many thanks and best greetings from Poland, Andrzej
Economy of India FAR
You look to be a contributor to this article, which is about to go into FARC unless we can get some input from economics people. A few of us, including me, have put a great effort into copy-editing and other improvements.
Can you assist? There are a number of unaddressed inline queries, and IMV the article needs more depth in a few places.
Tony 10:54, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
August Esperanza Newsletter
|I present you with these balloons to celebrate your birthday. I hope you have a great day. Daniel.Bryant|
Have a good one :) -Ladybirdintheuk 06:46, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
Michael 19:19, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
Re: copyright problem with Image:Omolu.jpg
I finally received your message re: the images of Orishas I uploaded and their copyrights (sent sometime in March). I know nothing of any copyright on the images. I purchased the prints after finding them under a large stack of other prints and drawings in an art gallery in Salvador, Brazil. They are signed by someone named Davi Nascimento, but no copyright information is included, there is no evidence of reserved rights on the work either. I have no way of telling when they were made or if their creator owns their copyright. As such, I scanned them and uploaded them to Wikipedia without any fear of reprisal.
I see that the image in question has been deleted. Is this decision final?
Jedidiah 18:04, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
Image:New York state flag.png listed for deletion
Sir: I noted that you had removed the image I had uploaded to the entry for Homer Davenport, the 19th century political cartoonist, due to "copyright issues." I stated at the time of upload, as well as AGAIN, when I just now RE-uploaded the image, that it is a personal scan from a photo that I personally own, and is therefore in the public domain. The original was taken in 1898 by an unknown photographer. My family acquired it along with several Davenport cartoons and two of his books.
Since I own the original photo, and since the scan is MY work from MY photo, I do hereby place this scanned image into the public domain for use by any and all. PLEASE do not remove it.
Is that satisfactory?
Rounding of FA proportion
Hi Shyam, this edit changed the rounding of the proportion of FAs to one hundredth; now that we are over 1/1000, I think this makes sense (the difference between 1/1200 and 1/1300, for example, is not very important in this context) and I suggest to revert your change; is that ok with you ? Schutz 16:09, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
Hey. Thank you for all those articles on the constituencies of the Lok Sabha; however, I'd like to ask that you name them "Whatever (Lok Sabha constituency)" instead of "Whatever (Lok Sabha Constituency)". Okay?
Thanks. DS 14:24, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
John Chris Jones Image
Dear Shyam - came across your tagging of John Chris' image. He has given permission to use it, so I would like to post it back again (Design Methods 17:18, 14 September 2006 (UTC))
Lok Sabha bios
Hello. Nice work on the bios. It's a long time since anyone touched the 13th Lok Sabha list. I had started working on it and did complete all bios for Gujarat and a few others, but soon got tired of it. - Aksi_great (talk) 08:01, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
- Also. Can you tell me where to find data for the election history of the constitencies? - Aksi_great (talk) 08:05, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for the link. I will start again. I hadn't till now because I had an idea that we could use a bot (like Ganeshbot to do the work. The way I used to create bios was using the mail-merge facility of msword. I had created a template like this in word and then used to add data to the associated table to automatically create wiki-markup. - Aksi_great (talk) 08:24, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
The so-called "Complete Bio-stub"s are far from complete. For instance, they lack a text body (very important) and birth year cats, see Category:Births by year. Punkmorten 14:13, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
- Great job on the Lok Sabha bios man... Rock on! --Antorjal 18:21, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the barnstar. I took up the work after you went on the wiki-vacation. I have made a lot of changes to the way the articles and images are scheduled, and probably you'd have noticed how the new system works. The system is currently a bit under-documented so a newcomer won't understand much how it works, but I am mid-way through the documentation, so that people can continue working with this system itself in case I am not around. Will complete the work as soon as my exams get over. Thanks again, — Ambuj Saxena (talk) 09:38, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
HI I am glad you are going through the Indian politicians but remember this is an encyclopedia and needs a sentence minimum even if there is info boxes. E.g
Swadesh Chakrabortty (borm 1943) is an Indian politican for the ... constituency in West Bengal. Ernst Stavro Blofeld 15:22, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
|The Society Barnstar|
|For your excellent work on Portal:Government of India. Absolutely wondeful! Rama's arrow 01:30, 20 September 2006 (UTC)|
- IMO, we can do away with the selection process for articles that are already featured. They are unlikely to gather any opposition.-- thunderboltz(Deepu) 07:17, 20 September 2006 (UTC)
Hi there Shyam. Just wondering if you were interested in an RfA sometime (I know you are just back from a break) in the future - you have been on User:Blnguyen/RfA - my hitlist for a while before you went on break. Regards, Blnguyen | BLabberiNg 04:54, 20 September 2006 (UTC).
September Esperanza Newsletter
Image tagging for Image:Zakir_hussain.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Zakir_hussain.jpg. The image has been identified as not specifying the source and creator of the image, which is required by Wikipedia's policy on images. If you don't indicate the source and creator of the image on the image's description page, it may be deleted some time in the next seven days. If you have uploaded other images, please verify that you have provided source information for them as well.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
- Image has been nominated for speedy deletion as copyright holder refuses to reproduce the image. Shyam (T/C) 08:46, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
PLS help me
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|I award the Barnstar of Diligence to Shyam Bihari for tireless contributions to the Politics of India project and creating innumerous Indian politician articles. Keep up the good work. Thanks, Ganeshk (talk) 05:35, 24 September 2006 (UTC)|
Thanks for the cleanup on Indian Portal. I was thinking about all these, but somehow didn't got much time. There are more pages that I think should be deleted.
- Portal:India/Back issues
- Portal:India/Back issues/20050211
- Portal:India/Future issues/20050220
- Portal:India/Future issues
- Portal:India/Future issues/Template
- Thanks for putting them for deletion. A joint nom would have been better as they hardly have a chance to stay. — Ambuj Saxena (talk) 17:09, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
Active in adding negative comments
The contributions made seems to be making more of negative comments about the living persons and in particular about south Indian politicians. Won't you please avoid —Preceding unsigned comment added by Asprakash (talk • contribs)
Its on Mani and Chidambara
Your edit to Tamil Nadu state assembly election, 2006
Your recent edit to Tamil Nadu state assembly election, 2006 (diff) was reverted by an automated bot that attempts to recognize and repair vandalism to Wikipedia articles. If the bot reverted a legitimate edit, please accept my humble creator's apologies – if you bring it to the attention of the bot's owner, we may be able to improve its behavior. Click here for frequently asked questions about the bot and this warning. // AntiVandalBot 22:38, 26 September 2006 (UTC)
I have reverted your edit to the List of TN CMS. Color templates were using abbreviation of parties since it would easy to remember and use them in various articles. Please use abbreviations wherever possible, BJP, BSP, AIADMK etc. In conflict, you can expand them. We need to list these somewhere on POI for easy reference. - Ganeshk (talk) 23:02, 26 September 2006 (UTC)
How about this
- This way you don't have to change the articles linking to the older version. - Ganeshk (talk) 08:11, 27 September 2006 (UTC)