|Ceased operations||16 October 2017|
VIM Airlines (legally VIM Avia) was a Russian airline headquartered in Moscow based at Domodedovo International Airport. It offered international scheduled and charter operations for both passengers and cargo as well as wet lease services. Its licence was revoked by 4 November 2017 after its operations were suspended a few weeks earlier.
VIM Airlines was established by Viktor Ivanovich Merkulov (hence the name of the company) and started operations in 2000, with an Ilyushin Il-62M. At the end of 2004, the company acquired Chitaavia and Aerobratsk, followed by Russian Sky Airlines in 2005.
On 28 September 2017, CEO Alexander Cochnev and Chief Accountant Yekaterina Panteleyeva were arrested after an embezzlement case against the employers of the company.
In late September 2017 VIM Airlines' aircraft were seized at foreign airports and several routes were cancelled, including all operations from its home base Moscow-Domodedovo. The airline's aircraft were seized by lessors in Turkey following ongoing investigations by the Russian authorities. The airline suspended all charter operations in September 2017 and suspended all scheduled operations on 15 October 2017. On 4 November 2017, the airline's license was invalidated by Russian authorities so the airline was unable to resume flights.
|Airbus A319-100||3||—||–||150||150||Two stored|
|Boeing 757-200||3||—||–||220||220||One stored|
|Boeing 767-300ER||1||—||12||259||271||Becoming N662GT with Atlas Air|
|Boeing 777-200ER||10||—||35||247||282||Six stored|
One leased to Flynas
|Boeing 777-300ER||1||—||42||386||428||VP-BIN (ex A6-EBD). Returned to Emirates|
Four sold to Rossiya Airlines in 2017.
VIM Airlines previously operated the following aircraft:
- ch-aviation.com - VIM Airlines' AOC suspended 4 November 2017
- "Авиакомпания «ВИМ-АВИА» Archived 23 June 2010 at the Wayback Machine.." (Map Archived 10 January 2011 at the Wayback Machine.). VIM Airlines. Retrieved on 21 June 2010. "Центральный офис "ВИМ-АВИА" 109052, г. Москва, ул. Новохохловская, д.23 стр.1"
- VIM Airlines CEO Arrested
- ch-aviation.com - Russia's VIM Airlines has aircraft seized in Turkey, Belgium 29 September 2017.
- VIM to End Scheduled Operations
- "VIM-Avia fleet page". Archived from the original on 7 August 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "VIM Airlines fleet list at planespotters.net". Archived from the original on 4 July 2014. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- VIM Airlines Archived 4 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine. at planespotters.net
Media related to VIM Airlines at Wikimedia Commons