Wai Wai World 2: SOS!! Parsley Jō
|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Wai Wai World 2: SOS!! Parsley Jō|
Wai Wai World 2: SOS!! Parsley Jō (ワイワイワールド2 SOS!!パセリ城 Wai Wai Wārudo Tsū Esuōesu!! Paseri Jō, lit. "Wai Wai World 2: SOS!! Parsley Castle) is a 1991 Famicom platform game released only in Japan by Konami. It is a sequel to Konami Wai Wai World, and stars various Konami characters. It was also re-released for Wii U Virtual Console on September 2, 2015 in Japan.
The player begins the game by choosing one of four character groups which consist of three different Konami characters. Most of the levels are spoofs of various different levels from Konami games. The gameplay is mostly like a straightforward platform game, similar to Contra. In these levels you start off with the main character Rickle (or Rikkuru), who by collecting a special power-up, can transform temporarily into one of the three different characters the player chose at the beginning of the game. There are also space shooter, driving, and puzzle levels. After certain levels you can choose different paths which consist of different stages.
- Rickle (リックル Rikkuru): The game's main protagonist, who is also a robot created by Dr. Cinnamon.
- Goemon: This ninja from the Ganbare Goemon series, returns from Wai Wai World. He throws his pipe like a boomerang which is used as a weapon.
- Simon Belmont III: The Vampire Killer from the Castlevania series returns from the first Wai Wai World game, armed with his whip.
- Getsu Fūma: He is from the Famicom game released only in Japan, Getsu Fūma Den armed with a sword. He also returns from Wai Wai World.
- Upa: The baby hero who uses a rattle as a weapon from Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa. He also returns from the mobile phone versions of Wai Wai World.
- Bill Rizer: The Rambo-style hero from the Contra series. He uses his spreader gun that can shoot in multiple directions.
- Vic Viper: The space ship from the Gradius series who the player can only use for the Gradius shooter stages.
- Twinbee: From the TwinBee series, who the player can only use in the Twinbee shooter stages.
- Dr. Cinnamon: Scientist from the TwinBee series, helps the characters throughout the game.
- Pentarou: Penguin from Dream Penguin Story and the Parodius series.
- Konami Wai Wai World: The previous game.
- Parodius series: A crossover game series that parodies Gradius
- Hai no Majutsushi: A 1989 Mahjong game for MSX2 featuring eight Konami mascots.
- Jikkyō Power Pro Wrestling '96: Max Voltage: A 1996 wrestling video game for Super Famicom.
- Speed King NEO KOBE 2045: The 1996 futuristic racing video game for PlayStation where nearly all the machines are named after Konami classic games.
- Konami Krazy Racers: A 2001 racing game starring some of Wai Wai world cast for the Game Boy Advance.
- Wai Wai Sokoban: The 2007 puzzle for the Mobile Phones.