(CEO & Co-founder)
(Chief Flights Officer)
(Chief Commercial Officer)
(Chief Technology Officer)
(MD Middle East, North Africa & India)
|Products||Flights, Hotels, Holiday Deals|
Wego (formerly known as Bezurk) is a travel search engine based in Singapore. It operates 52 country sites (CcTLD) in over 20 languages and local currencies. Wego displays travel rate results in real time from over 700 travel sites, so users can shop and compare flight and hotel prices available online.
Wego displays a combination of local and international airfares and hotel search results from online travel agencies (OTA), airlines and hotels on desktop or travel app for iOS and Android. Once a user has selected their preference, they are redirected to the travel supplier to complete their booking.
Wego was founded in Singapore in 2005 by Ross Veitch and Craig Hewett.
In January 2008, Wego received Series A funding of US$4.5 million from News Digital Media, the Australian digital arm of News Limited.
In December 2010, the company secured US$13million in Series B funding from Tiger Global Management.
In June, 2013, Wego closed its Series C funding round of US$17 million from Tiger Global Management, Crescent Point Group and SquarePeg Capital.
Wego's core markets are in the Asia Pacific, Middle East and India. Each month Wego sends flight and hotel booking referrals worth US$1.5B to its travel partners.
In June 2014, the company launched Wego's Private Marketplace providing advertisers access to Wego's travel audiences via programmatic buying. The trading desk operates with DSP partners from the US and UK, including Xaxis, Amnet and RadiumOne, and others in the Asia Pacific, Macau and the Middle East.
- "Ross Veitch, Speaker at WIT Conference 2012". webintravel.com. webintravel.com. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "(Press Release) Wego launches new TVC, appoints Mamoun Hmedan as General Manager-MENA".
- "Plane and Simple". Wall Street Journal. 26 October 2007. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "News Digital takes stake in Bezurk.com". Herald Sun. 15 January 2008. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "Bezurk at CNN Money Web 2.0's List". Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "Wego appoints Ross Veitch as CEO, plans 34 new country sites". eyefortravel.com. 24 February 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "Interview with Ross Veitch, co-founder of wego.com". sge. 10 September 2009. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- "Travel site Wego launches Dubai operations". ArabianIndustry.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- 2013, Bengaluru, February 18,. "Wego grows India presence with new office - TTG Asia - Leader in Hotel, Airlines, Tourism and Travel Trade News". ttgasia.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Wego Launches Private Marketplace For Travel Advertisers". www.mediapost.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.