|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
|January 2020 +/-|
|London 150||January 12, 2020|
|Chicago||January 12, 2020|
|Wellington, NZ||January 18, 2020|
|Perth 64||January 19, 2020|
|Oxford 79||January 19, 2020|
|San Diego 50||January 19, 2020|
|Seattle||January 21, 2020|
|Cork Meet up||January 29, 2020|
|February 2020 +/-|
|San Diego 51||February 2, 2020|
|London 151||February 9, 2020|
|BLT @ Chicago||February 13, 2020|
|BLT @ Chicago||February 14, 2020|
|BLT @ New Brunswick||February 18, 2020|
|Seattle||February 18, 2020|
|BLT @ Chicago||February 25, 2020|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
The fourth London Wikimeet took place on Sunday the 11th of September, 2005, from 13:00 GMT at a pub called "The Archery Tavern" just to the North-East of Lancaster Gate tube station in West London. Discussion was very wide-ranging, but included the perennial concept of creating a UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation.
Excellent pub, good food and good beer. And no cricket. I believe the afternoon got more productive the drunker we got - David Gerard 12:42, 12 September 2005 (UTC)
- Surely the lack of cricket would have been a problem. Don't you Aussies keep up with current events? Never mind, I'll take pity on you and let you in on the result - England regained the Ashes by beating Australia 2-1:) jguk 23:34, 12 September 2005 (UTC)
- Cricket on the telly in the back room! LoopZilla 08:09, 14 September 2005 (UTC)
- are there any pictures up yet?
- Oh dear. I think I'm glad that I managed to run away just before that started. :-)
- James F. (talk) 17:42, 12 September 2005 (UTC)
- Very wise decision... Justinc 22:32, 12 September 2005 (UTC)
- Some of the questions we got wrong -
- how many years it was since Northern Ireland last beat England in an unspecified sport, and who scorred in the most recent match?,
- identify these celebreties (we identified Richard Wilson, Vic Reeves, Marilyn Manson and a couple of others but we got less than half)
- which two people are planning to row the atlantic naked?
- identifying catchphrases - we got a couple, but we didn't know the ones from pre-1980s TV programs.
- Which US state is known as the Badger state?
- Which element comes directly below Tin on the periodic table?
- What is xphobia a fear of. We got logophobia and a couple of others, we didn't get pantophobia or most of the rest.
- What was the hit song from the 2002 film Monsters Inc?
- Which 19th Century operetas was such-and-such a song from
- and many others that I can't remember. We did do all of this without cheating though! Thryduulf 23:22, 12 September 2005 (UTC)
- Some of the questions we got wrong -
If anyone who was lucky enough to make it fancies writing an article for the Signpost, that would be great. Leave a note in the Newsroom, where there's help on how to make an article. the wub "?/!" 11:12, 15 September 2005 (UTC)
I've finally got around to uploading the photos I took at the meetup (sorry its taken so long). However, my memory for names has let me down, and the captions are in need of attention - you can help! All the images are on the commons (follow the big link on this page) and named in the format Wikimeet-London4-Thryduulf-??.jpg, just go ahead and edit the description page. I will spot your edits on my watchlist, but drop me a note on my talk page here or at the commons if you want. Thryduulf 22:16, 27 September 2005 (UTC)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wikimedia meetups in London.|
- James F. (talk)
- Charles Matthews
- Theresa Knott (a tenth stroke)
- Theo (Talk)
- David Gerard
- User:Arkady Rose
- William M. Connolley
- David | Talk
- max rspct
- JFW | T@lk
- Morwen Talk - who had accidentally arranged a flatwarming party the previous day
- Vamp:Willow - who was doing something far more important, being glued to The Ashes test series as she had been all summer and was rewarded by England winning them back! Yay!
- Tony Sidaway | Talk
- Oldak Quill
- Warofdreams - who was in Cardiff, as suspected, but will be in Birmingham for the next meet-up.
- Dan100 (Talk)
- I'll be thousands of miles away between Aug 1st and Jul 31st. I'm in town on Saturday if you want to bring it forward though! :) Joe D (t) 23:30, 19 July 2005 (UTC)
- I'll most likely be in Berlin. Angela. 23:07, July 20, 2005 (UTC)
- Sadly I will in fact be chaving it up in Tenerife. -- Francs2000 | Talk 00:01, 21 July 2005 (UTC)
- I'm working a long night shift on the Saturday, I really don't fancy my chances of making it unless my shift changes or I get fired. Maybe next time though. Rje 03:50, July 28, 2005 (UTC)
- Sorry, it would be nice but I have other things planned for then. Maybe next time we'll have a meetup OUTSIDE of London for a change (now there's a radical idea) G-Man 16:43, 31 July 2005 (UTC)
- So organise one ;-p - David Gerard 11:27, 10 September 2005 (UTC)
- Was looking forward to it, but I have other stuff happening all weekend. Curses. Next time. Telsa 10:15, 12 August 2005 (UTC)
- Determined to make it to a meetup one of these days, unfortunately not likely to be possible this time however. — Trilobite (Talk) 12:48, 19 August 2005 (UTC)
- Even though I'm not in London I would have come down for this one but I'm going away the next day and need to prepare for that. As per G-Man's suggestion, I'm well up for organising something further <whisper>north</whisper> of London. Cormaggio 18:13, 19 August 2005 (UTC)
- Will be at The Oval, jguk 09:32, 29 August 2005 (UTC)
- Would love to, but probably will be working in Edinburgh... Shimgray 12:57, 1 September 2005 (UTC)
- MrWeeble - Afraid I am away for that weekend. Maybe next time.
- Busy preparing for university, sorry. Talrias (t | e | c) 01:33, 5 September 2005 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, same with me too :-( -- Joolz 08:48, 7 September 2005 (UTC)
- I can't make it this time, but hope to next year :-(, sorry Craigy (talk) 14:07, September 7, 2005 (UTC)
- Can't make it, but I hope to get to the next one. the wub "?/!" 15:01, 7 September 2005 (UTC)
- Sorry ... the cricket is just on such a knife-edge that I'm staying to watch it. Go England! --Vamp:Willow 09:54, 11 September 2005 (UTC)
- Enchanter 23:28, July 19, 2005 (UTC) Sorry, maybe next time!