Wikipedia:WikiProject Motorsport/Touring cars
The Touring Cars Taskforce has been created to coordinate our efforts to improve and expand the coverage of touring car championships, their teams, manufacturers, and drivers.
At this time the following subjects have been identified as being in particular need of our support:
- Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters
- Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters drivers
- World Touring Car Championship
- World Touring Car Championship drivers
- Touring car racing
- Swedish Touring Car Championship
- Touring car racing stubs
World Touring Car Championsip
- I am currently scouring through previous season's championship tables to make sure they are all correct. Once they are, all drivers pages (which have now all been created) need results tables done in the following style:
(key) (Results in bold indicate pole position) (Results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|Year||Team Name||Car Name||ITA||FRA||UK||SMR||MEX||BEL||GER||TUR||ESP||MAC||NC||0|
These can easily be done by copying the relevant sections of the championship standings tables. Most drivers have tables already. I will adjust them where necessary. I will say here when championship standings tables are correct.
Drivers that do not currently compete in a major series, and where their most major series has been WTCC, need Template:Infobox racing driver to be added to them using the correct results.
All WTCC race reports will need to be created eventually. 2009 FIA WTCC Race of Japan can be used as a good model of how they should be laid out.
To be created:
- Avtodom Racing
- Borousan Otomotiv Motorsport
- Československý Motorsport - also ran Adam Lacko as IEP Team in 2005
- DB Motorsport
- Elgh Motorsport - also ran as Crawford Racing in 2005 and in ETCC
- Equipe TekProm
- GDL Racing
- JAS Motorsport
- Kosifler Motorsport - may be related to Borousan and not require own article
- Petrol GT Racing Team
- Peugeot Sport Denmark - ran as Peugeot Sport Engineering in ETCC
- Poulsen Motorsport - could include at Kristian Poulsen rather than create new article
- Racing for Belgium
- RS-Line Sport - ran with rally team IPZ Racing in 05
- Scuderia del Girasole - also ran as SEAT Sport Italia
- Scuderia La Torre
- TFS-Yaco Racing
- Thunder Asia Racing
- Zerocinque Motorsport
All teams should have results tables, similar to those used by GP2 teams.
These articles have been identified as being in need of some attention. Most are in need of infoboxes and images, though there are few touring car images on WikiMedia Commons, and most could use a bit of attention.
|ADAC Procar Series||Yes||Yes|
|Asian Touring Car Championship||Yes||Yes|
|Asia-Pacific Touring Car Championship||Yes||Yes|
|Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft||Yes|
|Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters||Yes|
|European Touring Car Championship||Yes|
|French Supertouring Championship||Yes||Yes|
|Hong Kong Touring Car Championship||Yes||Yes|
|Italian Superturismo Championship||Yes||Results table needed|
|Japanese Touring Car Championship||Yes||Yes||Results table needed|
|Norwegian Touring Car Championship||Yes||Yes|
|Philippine Touring Car Championship||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Production car racing||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Swedish Touring Car Championship||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Touring car racing||Yes|
|World Touring Car Championship||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Freely licensed BTCC images – to be uploaded to Commons.