Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Gold (MTK)
kate (Special Edition Snapdragon)|
|Slogan||Rise to Power|
Snapdragon: February 2016
|Predecessor||Redmi Note 2|
|Successor||Redmi Note 4|
|Weight||164 g (5.8 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 5.0.2 "Lollipop"|
|System on chip||
Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 |
MediaTek MT6795 Helio X10
Octa-core 2.0GHz Cortex-A53
|Memory||2GB(Std. version) or 3GB(High version)|
|Storage||16GB(Std. version) or 32GB(High version)|
Only kate and kenzo|
Supports up to 256 GB
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 4050 mAh battery|
5.5 in (140 mm) IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen|
1080 x 1920 pixels, ~403 ppi, 16M colors
|Rear camera||Samsung S5K3M2 13 MP Camera (Mediatek Edition)|
|Front camera||OmniVision OV5670 5MP, f/2.0 Camera|
- The MediaTek variant (codename hennessey) was released on November 24, 2015.
- The Snapdragon variant (codename kenzo) was launched on February, 2016.
- Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (codename kate) was launched on June 2016, it features an upgraded modem and new housing, all the specifications except modem are the same as in kenzo.
All variants include a 5.5 in (140 mm) 1080p display, 2 GB or 3 GB RAM, 16 GB or 32 GB eMMC 5.0 Flash, a 5MP front camera, non-removable Li-Po 4050 mAh battery and it supports 802.11b/g/n/ac networks on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. Phones also support two SIM cards or a SIM card + microSDHC card because one SIM card and the microSDHC card share the same physical tray slot.
One notable difference between the MediaTek and Qualcomm variants of the phone is the primary camera. The Mediatek phone uses a less powerful 13MP camera sensor, whereas this is upgraded to a 16MP sensor on the Qualcomm models.
The Snapdragon versions use a special display technology known as 'Sunlight Display' in which the phone detects the ambient light and makes pixel level adjustments in order to be better legible in the sunlight. It also features a blue light filter for low light night reading.
Another notable feature of the phone is the presence of a finger-print sensor at the back. It is not only fast but very accurate as well. It can be used from all directions and can unlock the phone in around 0.1 seconds. It can also be used for capturing images via the front or the rear cameras.
Kenzo runs on an Android based MIUI 7 OS which was upgraded to MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 and then to the newest MIUI 9. Many custom Android ROMs are available for this device; notable examples are MIUI 9 based on Android 7.0, CyanogenMod 13 and 14 (based on Android Marshmallow and Nougat, respectively), Lineage OS 13, 14, 15 and an unstable port of Sailfish OS.
Kate came with MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 which can be upgraded to latest MIUI 9.
Although both Snapdragon based variants are similar their ROMs are not compatible with each other and installing the wrong one may cause break down of the device.
Mediatek variant runs on MIUI 7, upgraded to the newest MIUI 9.
On August 25, 2016, Xiaomi reported it had sold around 1.75 million units since March 2016. It also became the highest-shipped smartphone in India's online market in Q2 2016. It also became India's best online selling phone after it sold 2.3 million units until September 2016.
In September 2017, InsightPortal reported the phone ranked 10th in their list of top ten devices worldwide with a market share of 1.1%.
Display panel: Sharp, Tianma, Boe
Touch: Focaltech, Atmel
Camera: Samsung, OmniVision
Battery: Sunwoda, Coslight
Fingerprint: FPC, Goodix
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon". GSMArena. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (MediaTek)". GSMArena.
- "Xiaomi Event 24 November, 2015 Redmi Note 3, Mi Pad 2". Xiaomi Fan Blog. 24 November 2015. Archived from the original on 4 February 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 - Full phone specifications". www.gsmarena.com. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "紅米Note 3 規格 - 小米台灣官網". www.mi.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 2017-09-09.
- "The Snapdragon Edition Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 hands-on". GSMArena.com. p. 1. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 - Full phone specifications". Mi.com. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Forum, Xiaomi MIUI Official. "MIUI ROM for Redmi Note 3 - MIUI Downloads - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum". en.miui.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Forum on XDA Developers". XDA Developers. Retrieved 2017-01-15.
- Forum, Xiaomi MIUI Official. "difference between redmi note 3 and redmi note 3 special edition ? - Redmi Note 3 - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum". en.miui.com. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- "Xiaomi reports an impressive 1.75 million Redmi Note 3 sales". Android Authority. Retrieved 2016-08-25.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Quarterly Shipments Hit Record 880,000 Units". Retrieved 2016-08-25.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 becomes a bestseller in India". Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Kudev, Stefan. "InsightPortal | The World's Top 10 Mobile Phones - September". www.insightportal.io. Retrieved 2017-10-18.
- Official website
- Redmi Note 3 Specification
- Redmi 3s Prime Full Specification
- Redmi Note 3 Flash sale
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|