1998 Wimbledon Championships
|1998 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||22 June - 5 July|
|Category:||Grand Slam (ITF)|
London, United Kingdom
|Jacco Eltingh / Paul Haarhuis|
|Martina Hingis / Jana Novotná|
|Serena Williams / Max Mirnyi|
|Roger Federer / Olivier Rochus|
|Eva Dyrberg / Jelena Kostanić|
The 1998 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament played on grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon in London in England. It was the 112th edition of the Wimbledon Championships and were held from 22 June to 5 July 1998.
- • It was Sampras' 11th career Grand Slam singles title and his 5th at Wimbledon.
- • It was Novotná's 1st and only career Grand Slam singles title.
- • It was Eltingh's 6th and last career Grand Slam doubles title and his 1st at Wimbledon.
- • It was Haarhuis' 5th career Grand Slam doubles title and his 1st and only at Wimbledon.
- • It was Hingis' 5th career Grand Slam doubles title and her 2nd and last at Wimbledon.
- • It was Novotná's 11th career Grand Slam doubles title and her 4th and last at Wimbledon.
- • It was Williams' 1st career Grand Slam mixed doubles title.
- • It was Mirnyi's 1st career Grand Slam mixed doubles title.
- Federer first made it in the final in 2003, and he became the champion.
1998 French Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1998 U.S. Open