Deh Rahwod District
Deh Rahwod is a district in Oruzgan Province, southern Afghanistan, and the name of the town that serves as district seat. Deh Rahwod lies along the Helmand River. The tribes in the district are Pashtun, dominated by the Noorzai and Populzai sub-tribes.
The Netherlands, representing the NATO International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) force in Oruzgan province, has established a military base in Deh Rawod, adjacent to pre-existing U.S. and Afghan Army bases.
Security and Politics
On 17 December 2009, another suicide bomber blew himself up but failed at his attempt to get inside of the district headquarters.
- Deh Rawood
- Mohammed Omar, from the village of Nodeh in Deh Rahwod District
- Provincial Reconstruction Team
- Kamp Holland
- Afghanistan War order of battle
- "Suicide bomber kills 10 Afghan civilians, wound 13 others ." Xinhua News Agency. Kabul. 19 November 2009. Accessed at: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-11/19/content_12495163.htm
- "Suicide bombing wounds 4 soldiers in S Afghanistan." Xinhua News Agency. 17 December 2009. Accessed at: http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/90851/6845604.html
|This Orūzgān Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|