Barg-i Matal District
Bargi Matal District (Barge Matal District, Bragamatal District, Pashto: برګ مټال ولسوالۍ) is a district of Nuristan Province, Afghanistan. It was originally in Konarha Province (Konar Province) and then was moved to the newly created Nuristan Province in 2001.
Bargi Matal District is bounded by:
- Kuran wa Munjan District of Badakhshan Province to the west and northwest,
- Chitral District of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province, Pakistan, to the northeast and east,
- Kamdesh District to the south, and
- Parun District to the southwest.
- Crowley, Michael (22 September 2009) "Dying For Barge Matal" The New Republic
- Cavendish, Julius (13 November 2009) "Barge Matal: It's a Place We Never Want to Go Back To", The Independent
|This Nuristan Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|