London Buses route 153
|Garage||Ash Grove (HK)|
|Vehicle||Alexander Dennis Enviro200|
|Start||Finsbury Park bus station|
|Length||6 miles (9.7 km)|
On 24 November 1984, the route was extended from Angel to Tottenham Court Road via route 19. On 4 April 1987, the extension between Tottenham Court Road and Angel was withdrawn. On the same date, the route converted to Minibus operation and transferred to London Country North West's Coppetts Wood garage. On 26 June 1988, the route was transferred to London Buses' Victoria Basement garage.
On 1 June 1992, the route was diverted at Holloway from Archway to Finsbury Park and extended from Angel to Smithfield. On the same date, the route was transferred to Capital Citybus' Northumberland Park garage. On 8 July 1998, the route was included in the sale of Capital Citybus to First London.
On 3 February 2001, the route was diverted at Smithfield to terminate at Liverpool Street
Upon being re-tendered in 2000, the route was awarded to CT Plus from 3 February 2001.
Upon being re-tendered in 2005, the route was retained by CT Plus from 4 June 2006.
Route 153 operates via these primary locations:
- Finsbury Park bus station for Finsbury Park station
- Holloway Road station
- Barbican station
- Finsbury Square
- FirstGroup finds London bus firm is just the ticket Herald Scotland 9 July 1998
- Tendered Bus Services Select Committee on Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs March 1999
- Annual Report Year Ended 31 March 1999 FirstGroup
- Bus tender results Route 153 Transport for London 9 May 2005
- Bus tender results Route 153 Transport for London 26 April 2012
- Route 153 Map Transport for London