London Buses route 153
|Garage||Ash Grove (HK)|
|Vehicle||Alexander Dennis Enviro200|
|Start||Finsbury Park bus station|
|Length||6 miles (9.7 km)|
On 24 November 1984, it was extended from Angel to Tottenham Court Road station via route 19. This section was withdrawn on 4 April 1987. It was also converted to minibus operation on the same date and its operation transferred to London Country North West's Coppetts Wood garage. On 26 June 1988, it returned to London Buses's Victoria Basement garage.
On 1 June 1992, it was diverted at Holloway from Archawy station to Finsbury Park station and extended at its southern end to Smithfield. It was transferred to Capital Citybus' Northumberland Park garage on the same date. On 8 July 1998, route 153 was included in the sale of Capital Citybus to First London.
Upon being re-tendered, the route passed to CT Plus on 3 February 2001. On the same date it was diverted from Smithfield to Liverpool Street bus station. CT Plus successfully tendered to retain the route with new contracts commencing on 4 June 2006 and 2 June 2013.
Route 153 operates via these primary locations:
- Finsbury Park bus station for Finsbury Park station
- Holloway Road station
- Barbican station
- Finsbury Square
- FirstGroup finds London bus firm is just the ticket Herald Scotland 9 July 1998
- Tendered Bus Services Select Committee on Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs March 1999
- Annual Report Year Ended 31 March 1999 FirstGroup
- Bus tender results Route 153 Transport for London 9 May 2005
- Bus tender results Route 153 Transport for London 26 April 2012
- Tender News Bus Talk (Go-Ahead London) issue 16 June 2012
- Route 153 Map Transport for London