||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
Mark Henn is a Disney animator, whose contributions to animation have included several Disney leading or title characters, most notably heroines. His work includes Princess Jasmine in Aladdin, Young Simba in The Lion King and Mulan in Mulan. He has also been animator of such films as 2007's Enchanted and the Goofy short How to Hook Up Your Home Theater. Additionally he directed the award-winning short film John Henry. Recently, he is the supervising animator of Princess Tiana in Disney's The Princess and the Frog.
Henn grew up in Ohio. In 1978, Henn was accepted into the Character Animation program at the California Institute of the Arts. where he studied under Disney animators such as Jack Hannah and T. Hee. Fellow students included Joe Ranft, Mark Dindal and John Lasseter.
Henn joined the Disney studio in 1980 and began work as an inbetweener for Glen Keane on The Fox and the Hound. According to Henn, Keane was finishing the climactic bear fight scene and Henn worked with him on that. Henn has also worked on other animated features such as Mickey's Christmas Carol, The Great Mouse Detective and The Little Mermaid.
Mark is also an accomplished sculptor.
- Mickey Mouse - Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)
- Gurgi, Fflewddur Fflam - The Black Cauldron (1985)
- Basil of Baker Street, Dr. Dawson - The Great Mouse Detective (1986)
- Oliver, Dodger - Oliver & Company (1988)
- Ariel (Florida Studio) - The Little Mermaid (1989)
- Bernard, Bianca - The Rescuers Down Under (1990)
- Belle (Florida Studio) - Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Princess Jasmine - Aladdin (1992)
- Young Simba - The Lion King (1994)
- Pocahontas - Pocahontas (1995)
- Mulan, Fa Zhou - Mulan (1998)
- Additional Animator - The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
- Hula Dancers - Lilo & Stitch (2002)
- Grace, Rusty & Wesley - Home on the Range (2004)
- Supervising Animator - Pups of Liberty (2009)
- Tiana - The Princess and the Frog (2009)
- Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin - Winnie the Pooh (2011)
- Pete - Get a Horse! (2013)
- Frozen (2013)
- Noyer, Jeremie (December 18, 2009). "The Princess And The Frog‘s Supervising Animator Mark Henn – Part 1: It All Started With A…Mermaid!". Animated Views. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Belz, Emily (November 26, 2013). "Mark Henn talks about creating Disney’s leading ladies". Movies. World News Group. Retrieved 10 September 2014.