Merecedes-Benz India Logo
|Headquarters||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
Number of employees
- 1 History
- 2 The Brand’s Manufacturing Facilities
- 3 Mercedes-Benz Properties
- 4 Mercedes-Benz India’s first TV commercial
- 5 Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India
- 6 Models
- 7 Sales and Service network
- 8 Mercedes-Benz Certified
- 9 Sales Performance
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Daimler entered the Indian market and established Mercedes-Benz India Ltd in 1994. The company was renamed DaimlerChrysler India Pvt. Ltd. after the merger of the parent company Daimler with Chrysler. After DaimlerChrysler demerged from Chrysler in 2007, it changed its name to Daimler AG. As a result, DaimlerChrysler India was renamed Mercedes-Benz India once again. Mercedes-Benz India is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Daimler AG. Mercedes-Benz India pioneered the luxury car market in India. The company is headquartered in Chakan, Pune, Maharashtra. Mercedes-Benz was recognized as India’s Most Admired Company in a survey by Fortune India magazine in 2013. In 2013 the brand also won the Economic Times' Brand Equity's 'India's Most Exciting Brand' survey and topped the automotive four-wheeler category.
The Brand’s Manufacturing Facilities
Spread over 100 acres at Chakan, Pune, this plant was set up in 2009 and is among the fastest green-field operations ever to be created and is rated as one of the top-most CKD plants of Mercedes-Benz globally.
Mercedes-Benz India has built brand awareness through a series of consumer-centric engagement events in India. These include MercedesTrophy and Drive Events like AMG Driving Academy and Luxe Drive.
The MercedesTrophy is an international three-tier structured amateur golf series where amateur golfers compete to qualify for the MercedesTrophy World Final in Stuttgart (Germany). In 2014, the 15th edition of MercedesTrophy India, witnessed participation from over 2,500 golfing aficionados in 13 cities.
AMG Driving Academy
This driving academy assists customers to hone their driving skills in performance cars in the country’s only F1 race track at Greater Noida. The ADA offers the ‘Basic’ and the Advanced course in India. The ADA was inaugurated in 2012.
International Driving Platform
Motoring enthusiasts get an opportunity to drive the high-performance AMG cars on ice and challenging international locations.
Mercedes-Benz India’s first TV commercial
In a series of ‘firsts’, Mercedes-Benz India launched its first made-in-India TVC ‘Ah My God’ marking the launch of India’s first Compact Performance Sedan, the CLA 45 AMG in July 2014.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India
Mercedes-Benz established its largest research & development center outside Germany with the launch of its Bangalore R&D center in 1996. MBRDI with its location in Bangalore and Pune shows Daimler’s strong commitment to India as a location for production, R&D and for IT. MBRDI is Daimler’s “Think Tank” in India. Currently 2,000 engineers and IT-specialists are employed by MBRDI.
Mercedes-Benz India offers around 18 models. Of which, the C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, GL-Class and ML-Class are assembled locally while others are imported from Germany as completely built up (CBU) units. A-Class, B-Class, CLS-Class, GLA-Class, SLK-Class and the AMG range comprising the C 63 AMG, E 63 AMG, CLA 45 AMG, SLK 55 AMG Roadster, G 63 AMG, GL 63 AMG, ML 63 AMG, GLA 45 AMG etc.
Sales and Service network
Mercedes-Benz India currently has 69 outlets across 38 Cities in India , which is the densest network among any luxury car maker in India. Mercedes-Benz also inaugurated in 2014 three AMG performance Centres (APC) in Delhi, Bangalore & Mumbai. These APCs provide an exclusive AMG brand experience to the custumers and enthusiasts.
In 2014, the company reportedly witnessed a growth in sales of about 13% at 10,201 units as compared to the previous year. The company expects a 15% growth in 2015 owing to Qualitative network expansion strategy. Mercedes Benz India Opened a New plant in Jamshedpur and plans on opening 14 more dealerships in 2015 to reach over 80 outlests in total by end of 2015.
Mercedes-Benz launched its new Pre-Owned car brand, ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ in India in December 2014 by the simultaneous inauguration of 12 new ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ outlets across India. ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ will provide customers a new destination for taking home a Mercedes-Benz car. The new brand will provide the pre-owned car customers an experience equivalent to a new car purchase, offering high-end facilities, infrastructure, tailor-made financing options, warranty and service packages. This new brand is designed specifically for the Indian market.
The year 2014 has been termed as the ‘Year of Excellence’ by Mercedes-Benz. The company sold 10,201 units in 2014 and registered a strong year-on-year growth of 13% (Jan-Dec 2013: 9003).
• • Mercedes-Benz E-Class (Sedan only) • Mercedes-Benz GL-Class • Mercedes-Benz ML-Class • Mercedes-Benz S-Class • Mercedes-Benz C-Class
• Mercedes-Benz A-Class • Mercedes-Benz B-Class • Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class • Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class • Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG • Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG • Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG • Mercedes-Benz GL 63 AMG • Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG • Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG • Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG
- "Mercedes Benz Dealerships in India". CarTrade. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Mercedes Benz inaugurates a new dealership in India, more 14 due to open in 2015". CarTrade. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Drive Events
- The stylish and luxurious Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class makes its grand India debut: Set to reinterpret the luxury SUV segment
- Mercedes-Benz intensifies its product offensive: rolls out the "Intelligent Superpower", the new E 350 CDI
- Mercedes-Benz India wins the largest luxuery car order from Carzonrent India Pvt. Ltd