|Headquarters||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Eberhard Kern|
- 1 History
- 2 Manufacturing facilities
- 3 Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (MBRDI)
- 4 Models
- 5 Sales and service network
- 6 Sales performance
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Daimler entered the Indian market and set up Mercedes-Benz India Ltd in 1994. The company was later renamed DaimlerChrysler India Private Ltd after the merger of parent company Daimler with Chrysler. After DaimlerChrysler sold off most of its equity interests in Chrysler in 2007, it changed its name to Daimler AG. As a result, DaimlerChrysler India was renamed Mercedes-Benz India once again.
Mercedes-Benz India is a 100%-owned subsidiary of Daimler AG. The company is based in Pune, Maharashtra. Mercedes-Benz reached the top 100 most trusted brands of India published by The Brand Trust Report and also won the Best Brand Award by Auto India Best Brand Awards 2011.
Daimler has a commercial vehicle plant outside Chennai, which it is currently upgrading with an investment of €700 million. The passenger cars manufacturing plant is located in Poona, same as the headquarters.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (MBRDI)
Mercedes-Benz established its largest research & development center outside Germany in Bangalore in 1996.
Assembled/Manufactured entirely locally
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Sedan only)
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class (Sedan, Coupe, and Cabrio)
- Mercedes-Benz M-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Sales and service network
Mercedes-Benz India currently has 31 dealerships and 41 service stations across 31 cities in India.
Mercedes-Benz India recorded sales of 5,819 vehicles in 2010 compared to 3,250 vehicles sold in 2009 with a sales growth of over 80%.
Mercedes- Benz has launched the B-Class at Rs 22.60 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai.
- "Mercedes-Benz". Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Mercedes to invest e700 m in Chennai plant". Economic Times (Economic Times). 2009-08-04. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Mercedes-Benz India - New Car Models - Mercedes-Benz Model Overview". Mercedes-benz.co.in. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- responsible author. "Mercedes-Benz | Find the Mercedes-Benz partner for life". E-services.mercedes-benz.com. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- "Mercedes-Benz India Record 94% Sales Growth - CarWale News". Carwale.com. 2010-07-07. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- "Mercedes launches B Class diesel variant in India". Biggaddi.com. Retrieved 8/6/2013.