||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2010)|
Mahindra Tractors, the farm equipment division of Mahindra & Mahindra, builds and sources tractors that are sold worldwide across six continents. In 2010, Mahindra became the number one selling tractor in the world. Mahindra has a huge consumer base in India, China and America and a growing base in Australia. The company builds more tractors in India than any other manufacturer, and has the capacity to build 150,000 tractors a year. In 1963, M&M formed a joint venture with International Harvester to manufacture tractors carrying the Mahindra nameplate for the Indian market. Armed with engineering, tooling and manufacturing know-how gained from this relationship, M&M developed its first tractor, the B-275. Mahindra Tractors with sales of nearly 85,000 units annually is one of the largest tractor companies in the world, and is number one in sales in India - the largest tractor market in the world. To expand into the growing tractor market in China, Mahindra acquired majority stake in Jiangling. To raise awareness about Mahindra in the US, Mahindra USA announced its new sponsorship in the NASCAR Nationwide Series with R3 Motorsports, which is participating with a #23 Mahindra Tractors Chevrolet. The car will be driven by Robert Richardson, Jr. Mahindra USA, Inc. announced a 17-race primary and 18-race associate sponsorship for the 2009 NASCAR Nationwide Series. With this sponsorship, Mahindra was the first Indian company to sponsor a car in NASCAR. In 2008, Mahindra was a sponsor of the McDonald Motorsports team which ran the #81 car in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
Mahindra Tractors operates in ten countries and has a fairly large customer base in the United States, Australia, Chile, Serbia, Indian Subcontinent, Iran, Syria and a major part of the African continent among many more Mahindra operates in China, North America and Australia through its subsidiaries, Jiangling, Mahindra USA and Mahindra Australia. These subsidiaries are also responsible for sales. It also operates in some Indian states through its subsidiaries namely, Mahindra Gujarat and Swaraj.
Mahindra Tractors is number one in sales in India - the largest tractor market in the world. and it has been the market leader since 1983. Its sales are predominantly in the states of Gujrat, Haryana, Punjab, Maharashtra and the Southern States. Its sales in Gujarat are under the label Mahindra Gujarat and its sales in Punjab are under the label Swaraj. In 1999, Mahindra purchased 100% of Gujarat Tractors from the Government of Gujarat ?? and Mahindra purchased a 64.6% stake in Swaraj in 2004.
In 1994, the company entered the American market as Mahindra USA, and in the few years since, its tractors are being sold and serviced by hundreds of tractor dealers throughout the country. Mahindra USA, a subsidiary of Mahindra Tractors, is responsible for sales in the North American continent. Mahindra has three assembly plants in the US. One assembly plant is at its North American headquarters in Houston, Texas, another in Red Bluff, California and the latest assembly and distribution center moved from Calhoun, Georgia to Chattanooga, Tennessee at the end of 2009. In August of 2012, Mahindra USA opened its fourth assembly and distribution center in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania.
In addition to building their own tractors, Mahindra also sources tractors from other manufacturers. For the USA market, Mahindra has bought tractors from Mitsubishi and Tong Yang Moolsan to cover selected product ranges.
Based in Brisbane, Mahindra Australia is a branch of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. In 2005, the company entered the Australian market with the launch of its assembly & customer support centre in Acacia Ridge, QLD. Currently, the company’s products are sold and serviced by 40 dealers throughout Australia. Mahindra Australia is also responsible for sales in New Zealand and the rest of Australasia. The Company's products are distributed in Fiji by Carpenters Motors. In Western Australia and South Australia, Mahindra tractors are distributed by McIntosh Distribution.
Mahindra has also formed a joint venture with Yueda group in Yancheng, China.
- Mahindra India
- Mahindra Gujarat
- Mahindra Agribusiness - founded in 2000 to incorporate the entire food chain.
- Baroda, Gujarat -Mahindra Gujarat
- Chappercheri - Swaraj plant
- Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Mohali, Punjab
- Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Rudrapur, Uttarakhand
- Zaherabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Nashik, Maharashtra
United States of America
- Jiangling, China
- "Farm Equipment Manufacturers | Farm Equipment | Tractor Equipment Manufacturers". Mahindra. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Farm Tractors | Agricultural Tractors | Mahindra Tractors". Mahindra. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Mahindra USA Tractors – History and information about the Company". Mahindrausa.com. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Mahindra Australia". Mahindra Australia. 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2012-07-02.
- "Mahindra USA Sponsors NASCAR Nationwide Series". Motorbeam.com. 2009-04-06. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Agricultural Tractors | Farm Equipment Manufacturers - Mahindra Tractors". Mahindratractorworld.com. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Mahindra Tractor - Compact tractors, utility tractors, farm tractors, ag tractors, attachments, implements & farm equipment - all built tough!". Mahindrausa.com. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Mahindra Corporate". Mahindra.com. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "> About Us > About Mahindra Pacific". Mahindra Australia. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Agribusiness". Mahindra. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "China Tractors | Mahindra USA". Mahindra. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- Mahindra USA webpage
- Mahindra Tractors Corporate webpage
- Mahindra Corporate webpage
- Mahindra Australia
- Mahindra's in Iran
- Mahindra Europe
- Mahindra Gujarat webpage
- ITMCO webpage
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mahindra tractors.|