Ministry of Mines (India)
|This article is part of the series:
Politics and government of
The Ministry of Mines, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to mines in India. The head of the ministry is Dinsha Patel since 28 Oct 2012.
The Ministry of Mines is responsible for survey and exploration of all minerals, (other than natural gas and petroleum) for mining and metallurgy of non-ferrous metals like aluminium, copper, zinc, lead, gold, nickel etc. and for administration of the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 (MMDR Act) in respect of all mines and minerals other than coal and lignite.
Public Sector Undertakings 
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), Bhubaneswar
- Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL), Kolkata
- Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL), Nagpur
- Kolar Gold Fields, Karnataka
Autonomous Bodies 
- Jawaharlal Nehru Aluminium Research Development and Design Centre (JNARDDC), Nagpur
- National Institute of Rock Mechanics (NIRM), Kolar
- National Institute of Miners’ Health (NIMH), Nagpur
Cabinet Ministers 
Ministers of state (Independent Charge) 
- Dinsha Patel - 19 Jan 2011- 28 Oct 2012
This is the list of Secretaries to Government of India.
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|