Ministry of Civil Aviation (India)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan
|Jurisdiction||Republic of India|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Civil Aviation
Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan
|Ministers responsible||Pusapati Ashok Gajapati Raju, Cabinet Minister,
Mahesh Sharma , Minister of State
The Ministry of Civil Aviation of the Government of India is the nodal Ministry responsible for the formulation of national policies and programmes for development and regulation of Civil Aviation and for devising and implementing schemes for the orderly growth and expansion of civil air transport. Its functions also extend to overseeing airport facilities, air traffic services and carriage of passengers and goods by air. The Ministry also administers implementation of the 1934 Aircraft Act and is administratively responsible for the Commission of Railways Safety.
Composition of the Ministry
The ministry is under the charge of Pusapati Ashok Gajapati Raju, assisted by minister of state Dr. Mahesh Sharma. The Secretary is the head of the Ministry and is assisted by one Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser, three Joint Secretaries, seven officers of the level of Director / Deputy Secretary / Financial Controller and ten officers of the level of Under Secretary. It is located at Rajiv Gandhi Bhavan, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi.
The Ministry has under its purview the following organisations:
- Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)
- Commission of Railway Safety
- The commission is the rail safety authority in India, as directed by the 1989 Railways Act. The agency investigates rail accidents.
- Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB)
PSUs and Joint Ventures
- Civil Air Department RG-1 Rohini
- Civil Aviation Department MG-1
- Civil Aviation Department Mrigasheer
- Civil Aviation Department Revathi
- Hindustan Ardhra
- "Ministry of Civil Aviation." Government of India. Retrieved on 20 February 2012.
- "Commission of Railway Safety." Ministry of Civil Aviation. Retrieved on 19 February 2012.