One Kennedy Square
|One Kennedy Square|
|Location||777 Woodward Avenue
|Antenna spire||73.2 m (240 ft)|
|Roof||56 m (184 ft)|
|Floor area||23,627 m2 (254,320 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||S. Kenneth Neumann
One Kennedy Square is a 10-story building at 777 Woodward Avenue, near Campus Martius Park in downtown Detroit, Michigan. The building stands on the site of the old Detroit City Hall. It is occupied by the Ernst & Young accounting firm. Construction on this mid-rise started in 2005 and was completed in 2006. The building has 13 total floors, with 10 above-ground floors, and 3 basement floors.
This building sits atop the 460-spot, municipally-owned Kennedy Square Underground Parking Garage, which was renovated by L.S. Brinker Company. The parking garage was a part of the old Kennedy Square. The tower also has a restaurant inside it.
One Kennedy Center was designed in the Modern architectural style, constructed with a translucent emerald green tinted glass exhibiting the role of color in architecture amidst Campus Martius Park's other modern foray, the golden topaz Compuware World Headquarters and the charcoal gray granite/glass 1001 Woodward Avenue Building. One Kennedy Square provides a unique backdrop, enlightening a new dimension for the Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument.
The architect is S. Kenneth Neumann of Neumann/Smith & Associates, the developer is REDICO and the construction manager is Spencer Dailey, Inc. The building is bordered by Griswold Street, Michigan Avenue, and Woodward Avenue.
- This translucent, emerald green glass building is capped by a prominent spire which is lit at night.
- The building is 184'-6" to the top of the prominent glass screen that rises above the front façade of the building along Campus Martius Park.
- Cable, Carol (1983). Translucent Architecture: Recent Trends in Glass Construction. Vance Bibliographies. ISBN 0-88066-342-1.
- Kaltenbach, Frank (2004). Translucent Material: Glass, Plastics, Metals (Detail Praxis). Birkhauser. ISBN 3-7643-7033-5.
- Riera, Oscar Ojeda and James McCown (2004). Architecture in Detail: Colors. Rockport Publishers, Inc. ISBN 1-59253-107-5.
- Downtown Detroit photo gallery
- Google Maps future location of One Kennedy Center
- One Kennedy Center details at Emporis.com
- SkyscraperPage.com's Profile on One Kennedy Square
|This article about a building or structure in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|