QupZilla in KDE Plasma Workspaces
|Initial release||December 2010|
|Stable release||1.8.5 (12 December 2014 ) [±]|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Unix-like, OS/2, Haiku|
QupZilla is a free and open-source web browser, intended for general users. It allows seamless integration with users' desktop environments and has several distinguishing features positively received by reviewers. QupZilla is licensed under GPLv3.
QupZilla makes use of WebKit to support modern web standards. Additional effort was put into seamless integration of the browser with the native look and feel of users' desktops. Some additional features of the browser include the integration of history, web feeds and bookmarks in a single location, the ability to take a screenshot of the entire page, and Opera-like "Speed dial" home page. It is reported to consume fewer system resources than the major general purpose browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
The project was started as a research project in 2010. The first preview release, written in Python (using PyQt library), was ready by December 2010. In 2011 the source code was rewritten in C++ with a goal to create a general purpose portable web browser, with the initial target at seamless integration with Microsoft Windows' and Linux desktop environments' look and feel.
- Comparison of lightweight web browsers
- Comparison of web browsers
- List of web browsers
- List of web browsers for Unix and Unix-like operating systems
- "QupZilla Changelog". GitHub. 12 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Qupzilla at Freshports". Freshports. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Němec, Petr (28 December 2011). "Softwarová sklizeň (28. 12. 2011)" [Software picks (28 December 2011)]. Root.cz (in Czech). Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Голубев, Сергей (10 February 2012). "QupZilla - браузер на основе Qt и WebKit" [QupZilla - browser based on Qt and WebKit]. PC Week/RE (in Russian). Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Richmond, Gary (6 January 2012). "QupZilla Browser: one web browser, three niche features". Free Software Magazine. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Sneddon, Joey (22 December 2011). "Qupzilla – the Best Browser You’ve Never Heard of?". OMG! Ubuntu!. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- "README.md". GitHub. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Chirkov, Maxim, ed. (26 December 2011). "Qupzilla - новый многоплатформенный web-браузер на базе Qt и WebKit" [Qupzilla - new multiplatform web browser based on Qt and WebKit]. OpenNet (in Russian). Retrieved 25 February 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to QupZilla.|