Under construction in May 2007
|Location||105 Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Opening||14 December 2009|
|Architectural||333.2 m (1,093 ft)|
|Top floor||237.1 m (778 ft)|
1 below ground
|Floor area||50,569 m2 (544,320 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Khatib & Alami Group|
|Main contractor||Arabian Construction Company|
|Number of rooms||684|
The Rose Tower, also known as Rose Rayhaan by Rotana, is a 72-storey, 333 m (1,093 ft) hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was the world's tallest hotel from 2009-2012. The tower was originally to be 380 m (1,250 ft), but design modification reduced it to 333 m (1,093 ft).
Construction on the tower began in 2004 and was completed in 2007. On 24 October 2006, the building reached its full height with the addition of the spire. By total height with spire the hotel surpassed the nearby 321 m (1,053 ft) Burj Al Arab. Although the building and its inner furnishings were in place in 2007, it did not open until December 23, 2009.
Rose Rayhaan Rotana is one of the first major hotel brands to open in Dubai as alcohol-free. The hotel has two restaurants and a 24-hour coffee shop. Bonyan International Investment Group is the developer and invested $180 million. The building was officially completed with 482 rooms, suites and penthouses. The Rose Tower officially opened on 23 December 2009.
- List of tallest hotels in the world
- List of tallest buildings in Dubai
- List of tallest buildings and structures in the world
- List of tallest buildings in the United Arab Emirates
- Rose Tower at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- Rose Tower at Emporis
- Rose Tower at Glass Steel and Stone
- Rose Tower at SkyscraperPage
- Rose Tower at Structurae
- "100 Tallest Hotels in the World". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Rose Rayhaan:Accommodation". Rotana. 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Lily B. Libo-on (7 January 2010). "World’s Tallest Hotel Opens in Dubai". The Khaleej Times. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- "World's tallest hotel opens in Dubai". AME Info. 24 December 2009. Retrieved 22 February 2011.