||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)|
January 21, 1985 |
Moscow, Soviet Union
|Spouse(s)||Igor Vishnyakov (photographer)|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in (1.74 m)|
As an art history student at the Russian State University for the Humanities, Pivovarova never dreamed of becoming a model until her friend and future husband, photographer Igor Vishnyakov, took photos of her in 2005 and gave them to international modeling agency IMG, thus beginning her career. After signing with IMG, her first runway show was for Prada, who then signed her to a three-year exclusive advertising contract.
In the May 2007 issue of American Vogue she was featured on the cover with Doutzen Kroes, Caroline Trentini, Raquel Zimmermann, Jessica Stam, Agyness Deyn, Coco Rocha, Hilary Rhoda, Chanel Iman, and Lily Donaldson as the "World's Next Top Models." In her interview, she talked about her love for art and reading. She has also been featured on the covers of the Russian, British, Japanese, and Australian editions of Vogue. As a favorite of renowned photographer Steven Meisel, she has appeared on the cover of Vogue Italia 7 times. Pivovarova appeared in the 2008 Pirelli Calendar. Spain's Marie Claire awards 'Prix de la Moda' awarded Pivovarova as "Prix International Best Model" on November 20, 2008. In December 2009, she became the face for Giorgio Armani and Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott photograph Pivovarova for Longchamp, alongside Kate Moss.
In May 2008, she opened the spring show for Chanel couture in Paris. In July 2008, she closed the fall show for Chanel couture in Paris and walked for Jean Paul Gaultier couture. In September 2008, she opened the show for rag & bone, Rodarte, and Pringle for Scotland in Milan and New York. In January 2009, she walked the Christian Dior, Chanel, Elie Saab, and Valentino couture shows in Paris. In February 2009, she opened the shows for Shiatzy Chen, Miss Sixty, Rodarte, and MaxMara shows in New York and Milan; closed the fall PHI, MaxMara, and Pringle of Scotland shows.
In early 2009, Pivovarova was ranked second on the Models.com Top 50 Models Women list, sharing the spot with Natasha Poly, but moved to number four on that list by March 2011. As of 2013, she is listed on the "Industry Icons" list. Vogue Paris declared her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s (decade).
Throughout 2011, Pivovarova has appeared in numerous ad campaigns, most recently for Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss, Paul & Joe, Alberta Ferretti, Miu Miu, Juicy Couture, Roberto Cavalli, and numerous others. During the spring-summer season she featured in six campaigns, while in the fall she has appeared in eight. Today, Pivovarova is considered one of the fashion industry's biggest models and continues to star in ad campaigns for illustrious brands such as Prada and Chanel. Pivovarova was on the cover of French Vogue for the October 2011 issue.
Her agencies are: IMG Models in New York City, and Donna Models in Tokyo. Took her own self-portrait for the new Rag & Bone Do-It-Yourself ad campaign spring 2011 along with models Abbey Lee Kershaw and Lily Aldridge.
Pivovarova made her acting debut in the science-fiction thriller In Time, opposite Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried. Pivovarova played Clara, the 130 year old mother-in-law of Vincent Kartheiser's character, Philip Weis, who is 90 years old.
Pivovarova is married to photographer Igor Vishnyakov. They married in Thailand and recreated the scene for a photo shoot in the June 2009 edition of American Vogue with close family and friends, including Jessica Stam and Irina Kulikova. Pivovarova gave birth to their first child, daughter Mia Isis, in New York in May 2012.
Born in Moscow, Pivovarova now lives in New York, where her home doubles as an art studio. Pivovarova said in a Teen Vogue interview, "I was playing with pencils while the other girls were playing with dolls." In her free time, Pivovarova paints and draws. Her paintings have been displayed in a gallery in Paris, Mansion Grand in New York and have been published in French Vogue. She said in an interview with CNN that she uses anything as a canvas: hotel papers, casting and itinerary papers—anything she can find. She has created a sleepwear collection inspired by fairy tales for Gap, launching on December 1, 2011.
- "Sasha Pivovarova model bio". New York Magazine. Archived from the original on October 4, 2007. Retrieved September 30, 2007.
- "Sasha Pivovarova". IMG Models.
- Sasha Pivovarova
- "Sasha Pivovarova".
- Lee, Helen (April 11, 2007). "Vogue's 'World's Next Top Models' cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved April 18, 2011.
- "Hit Girls - American Vogue". May 2007. Archived from the original on October 28, 2008.
- "Las estrellas de la moda y el espectáculo se dan cita en Madrid en una entrega de premios" (in Spanish). November 21, 2008. Archived from the original on January 10, 2009.
-  December 2009
- Fashion Show Highlights
- "Les 30 Mannequins des Années 2000" [30 Models of 2000s] (in French). December 18, 2009. Archived from the original on March 1, 2010. Retrieved January 20, 2010.
- "Rag & Bone DIY Campaign". VainStyle. January 31, 2011. Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved February 21, 2011.
- "Model Sasha Pivovarova Got a Film Role Playing Justin Timberlake's Mother-in-Law". New York Magazine. July 22, 2011. Archived from the original on January 21, 2012. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- Kruspe, Dana (July 25, 2011). "Sasha Pivovarova To Make Her Acting Debut Next to Justin Timberlake". fashionista.com. Archived from the original on September 14, 2011. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- "Sasha Pivovarova". Interview Magazine. January 6, 2009. Archived from the original on September 14, 2011. Retrieved November 29, 2009.
- Read, Sean. "Sasha Pivovarova". theones2watch. Archived from the original on July 1, 2007. Retrieved April 10, 2007.
- "A Model Collection". November 23, 2011. Archived from the original on November 26, 2011. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Sasha Pivovarova|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sasha Pivovarova.|