Kroes at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival premiere of Mansome
23 January 1985
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Measurements||(US) 34-24.5-34.5; (EU) 86-62-88|
|Dress size||(US) 6; (EU) 36|
|Manager||Paparazzi Model Management, Amsterdam DNA Model Management
|Spouse||Sunnery James (2010–present)|
Doutzen Kroes (IPA: [ˈdʌu̯tsə(ŋ) ˈkrus]; born 23 January 1985 in Eastermar) is a Dutch model and actress, who is a Victoria's Secret Angel. She started working for the brand in 2004 and became an Angel in 2008. She is on contract with L'Oréal. In 2012 she came in fifth on the Forbes top-earning models list, estimated to have earned $6.9 million in one year.
Early life 
Kroes was born in the village of Eastermar (Dutch: Oostermeer), in the province of Friesland, Netherlands, to a Frisian family. As a young girl, Kroes aspired to be a professional speed skater.
Modeling career 
Kroes described herself as a "tomboy" in her youth, although she applied to modeling agency Paparazzi Model Management in the Netherlands when she was older. The agency sent her to New York City, and after being cast a few times by Victoria's Secret, they asked her to try out as an "angel". When she moved to New York from the Netherlands, she had never heard of the brand before.
Kroes has been featured on the covers of Time, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Seventeen, Elle, Marie Claire, Glamour, W, Avantgarde, Dazed & Confused, and Numéro. She also appears regularly in the Victoria's Secret catalog and walked the runway of the company's fashion show in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012. Kroes's campaigns include Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, Versace, Valentino, Blumarine and Calvin Klein for both their 'White' label and their fragrance 'Eternity'. In 2005, Kroes was selected as "Model of The Year" on Vogue.com by readers. She was presented on the May 2007 cover of American Vogue as one of the “World’s Next Top Models” next to Chanel Iman among others. Along with several of these models, she appeared in the 2008 Pirelli Calendar.
In 2006 a Frisian documentary directed by J. J. M. Jansen about a week in Kroes' life as a model was released. It documented Kroes at Milan Fashion Week and her thinking about the modeling industry.
In July 2007, earning at an estimated total of $1.5 million in the previous twelve months, Forbes named Kroes fourteenth in the list of the World's 15 Top-Earning Supermodels. In April 2008, she was in fifth position, with an estimated income of $6 million. In May 2009 and May 2010 respectively, Forbes named Kroes fifth again in the list of the World's 15 Top-Earning Supermodels.
At the end of August 2008, Victoria's Secret confirmed to People magazine that Kroes was to be the newest Victoria's Secret Angel. Her first campaign as the brand's newest Angel was "Supermodel Obsession". In September 2009, she signed to be the new face for Swiss cashmere label Repeat for two years.
In February 2010, Kroes returned to the catwalk during fashion week for Prada with fellow Angels Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr. Prada was praised by former editor-in-chief of Glamour, Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire magazines, Bonnie Fuller in her blog for using a curvy model such as Kroes for the fashion show.
Since 2011 Kroes has shot major campaigns for both L'Oreal and Tiffany & Co.
Acting career 
On 24 November 2011, she debuted in Reinout Oerlemans', Nova Zembla, the first Dutch 3D movie ever made. Kroes has been taking acting classes in New York City for several years and has stated in interviews that she plans to act in more movies to come.
Personal life 
Kroes started dating Dutch DJ Sunnery James in 2009. On 7 November 2010, she and James married in Amsterdam. On 21 January 2011, Kroes gave birth to a son, Phyllon Joy Gorré. She is actively involved with the non-profit organization Dance4Life, which educates youth about HIV and AIDS prevention through song and dance.
- Solomon, Brian (14 June 2012). "The World's Highest Paid Models". Forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- "Doutzen Kroes: Victoria's Secret on CBS". CBS. Retrieved 2010-04-04.[dead link]
- Doutzen Kroes' Frisian roots
- Kugel, Allison (16 February 2012). "Victoria's Secret Angel Doutzen Kroes Talks Getting Gorgeous & Giving Back with Dance4Life". PR.com.
- The World's Top 10 Highest Earning Models. The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- Hit Girls. American Vogue. May 2007.
- Official website.. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- Blakeley, Kiri (16 July 2007). "The World's Top-Earning Models". forbes.com. Retrieved 2008-02-08.
- Blakeley, Kiri (30 April 2008). "The World's Top-Earning Models". forbes.com. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- Streib, Lauren. "In Pictures: The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes.
- "Doutzen docht mei, do ek?" (in Frisian). www.praatmarfrysk.nl. Retrieved 2008-02-08.
- "Victoria's Secret's Newest Angel Revealed: Doutzen Kroes". Off the Rack. People. 26 August 2008.
- "Doutzen Kroes in the "Softest Campaign Ever"". Muse Amsterdam. Muse.nl. 2009-21-1.
- "Doutzen Kroes is the face of the new Repeat campaign printed to perfection by Chevalier". Chevalier International. Retrieved 2010-04-04.[dead link]
- "Doutzen Kroes's wax figure at Madame Tussauds Amsterdam". Madame Tussaud's Amsterdam. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- "Doutzen Kroes schrijft in Marie Claire", Algemeen Dagblad, 14 October 2009
- "Doutzen Kroes - Model Profile". nymag.com. Retrieved 2008-02-08.
- Bonnie Fuller (25 February 2010). "Hooray! Skinny Models Booted out of Top Fashion Show and Replace by Victoria's Secret Angels!". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- "Doutzen Kroes weer gelukkig" De Telegraaf, 30 August 2009
- Doutzen Kroes in geheim getrouwd De Telegraaf, 7 November 2010
- Michaud, Sarah (21 January 2011). "Doutzen Kroes Welcomes Son Phyllon Joy". Retrieved 29 January 2011.
|Find more about Doutzen Kroes at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|
|Travel information from Wikivoyage|
- Doutzen Kroes on Twitter
- Doutzen Kroes on Facebook
- Doutzen Kroes at the Internet Movie Database
- Doutzen Kroes at the Fashion Model Directory
- Profile at YES Model Management