|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Bernard Milleville|
|Area1||8.99 km2 (3.47 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||62810 / 62580|
|Elevation||88–143 m (289–469 ft)
(avg. 121 m or 397 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Thélus lies 5 miles (8.0 km) north of Arras, at the junction of the N17 and D49 roads. Junction 7 of the A26 autoroute is less than a mile away. The commune was at the heart of the battle of Vimy Ridge.
|Census count starting in 1962: Population without duplicates|
Places of interest
- The church of St.Ranulphe, rebuilt, as was most of the village, after World War I.
- Two memorials to the Canadians who fell during the First World War.
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemeteries.
- Nine Elms CWGC cemetery
- Zivy Crater CWGC cemetery
- Lichfield Crater CWGC cemetery
- Bois-Carré CWGC cemetery
- The CWGC military cemetery at Thélus
- The communal cemetery
- Thélus on the Quid website (French)
|This Arras arrondissement, Pas-de-Calais geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|